An Old School Catholic Message Board

HB 1441 father's rights

little2add

1 hour ago, Archaeology cat said:

the man doesn't necessarily get rights.

in what circumstances would the man have a say?    Obviously in the case of rape or incest the man would not get rights, nor should he.  

What if the woman cried rape but there was none.  

for instance:     Jane Roe” behind Roe v Wade supreme Court decision, testified under oath that she was gang raped,  years later she recanted that statement and admitted that was not the case and that the father of baby jane-doe was a casual acquaintance and the sex was consensual.

Edited by little2add

On 2/18/2017 at 8:26 PM, little2add said:

I'm just saying that It takes two.  You have also convently denied the rights of the unborn child who carries half of your own DNA.  Assuming that the impregnating was a mutual encounter or perhaps just a act of passion then both parents are behaving ilresponcable.  

What of the rights of the unborn human being, does not he/she have the right to both his/her biological parents?

And how is termination okay if the couple are not friends or in a relationship 

The right of the child to have nurturing, benificial, parents who are a positive effect in their lives supercedes any "biological rights" if the DNA contributor.   Ideally, it is wonderful if your DNA parents are also who lovingly parents the child.   But the fact that you contribute to the DNA only gives you a slightly elevated status over someone else.   

Children are not human chattel (property) whose ownership is determined by biology.  They have the same rights to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness as adults, with the added right to community protection as they are children with limited abilities to speak for and defend themselves within society.  

Edited by Anomaly

6 hours ago, Anomaly said:

fact that you contribute to the DNA only gives you a slightly elevated status over someone else.   

Boloney

Baloney or Bologna. 

Parental rights can be terminated if that is in the best interests of the child.   It happens often, both voluntarily by a parent, or by court order, involuntarily.  

For example: If a person is a drug addict, has mental issues, is a prisoner, and cannot provide for a child, it can be taken away and hopefully their rights are terminated or suspended.  If terminated for just cause, doesn't the child have the right to be adopted and be free if the DNA parent and become a full member of the new (and free of damaging baggage)?   The child's right to a nurturing family supercededes the rights of the DNA parent.  

This law is hopeful that the male may step in to prevent abortion, but there unintended consequence may be saddling the child with a destructive influence.  It would be a better law if the child's right to live was first established for them with "personhood" while in utero.   Notifying Father also encumbers them with obligations of financial and nurturing support.  

42 minutes ago, Anomaly said:

Notifying Father also encumbers them with obligations of financial and nurturing support.  

whats wrong with that?

56 minutes ago, little2add said:

whats wrong with that?

Absolutely nothing.   But first you have to protect the child as a person so that mother or father can't kill them to escape the responsibility as happens now with just the mom"s selfishness.  

• 2 weeks later...

the “She Decides” initiative to be supported by Canada and more than 50 "other" countries in an effort to pay for abortions in developing countries that the Donald Trump-led U.S. will not not help fund.

Canada’s share could reach $20 million.

:sad2: sad :sad2:

dominicansoul
1 hour ago, little2add said:

the “She Decides” initiative to be supported by Canada and more than 50 "other" countries in an effort to pay for abortions in developing countries that the Donald Trump-led U.S. will not not help fund.

Canada’s share could reach $20 million.

:sad2: sad :sad2:

They are proving that our US taxpayer $$$ isn't needed for this evil operation.  

The world has been brainwashed to believe abortion is a jewel in the crown of feminism.  This act of slaughtering ones unborn child is "liberating" and one of women's greatest achievements.  How dare any government take funding away from that!  

Leftist propaganda works.  They make certain things like abortion taboo to be against.  In this case ur a misogynist woman hater if you go against abortion rights.  Nevermind that making abortion legal has created millions of misogynistic males who use/abuse women and treat them as mere sexual objects, without having to deal with a pesky, unwanted baby.  Such a win for women all over the globe!!! 

I'd like to see a

" "It" Is A Person Too!" initiative. 

If the fetus is not considered a person with rights, there is nothing (nobody) to temper a woman's right to privacy / personal health.  

Edited by Anomaly

havok579257
2 hours ago, Anomaly said:

I'd like to see a

If the fetus is not considered a person with rights, there is nothing (nobody) to temper a woman's right to privacy / personal health.  

The problem is the other side would demonize this group for being a woman hating group.   Sad but true.

3 hours ago, Anomaly said:

I'd like to see a

Or a "parent's decide" initiative 

because men are not just DNA donors

how about a "great grand parent's, grand parent's and parent's (in that order) decide" initiative 

because grand parent's matter too!

on a side note:     Every time i look into my grandsons eyes i see my son.  He is the reincarnation of my offspring.  My child reborn.  

i love my grandchildren <3

Edited by little2add

What does giving other people rights over fetus'  life matter if the fetus has no rights and is considered just a blob in a Petri dish?   Why give Grandpa rights to vote to terminate because he couldn't care less and doesn't want the hassle?   Why not have ten relatives take a vote every week for a year to consider allowing someone to live or die, regardless of your proximity to the interior of a womb?