An Old School Catholic Message Board

Open Mic and Lame Board merge

dUSt

27 minutes ago, dUSt said:

Speak American!!!

I think she's trying to speak American--Latin American, Central American, South American...

Is this forum only for English-speakers from the U.S.?

44 minutes ago, dominicansoul said:

I miss the virtual chat world where we could choose avatars and chat with speech balloons.  

Google Lively.

I loved it. I miss it too. :(

Google made a terrible decision to shut that down.

You know sometimes the real OG's of this site come on and complain about the "good old days." It was a time before I came here (circa 2010). And it kind of bothered me, because I thought phatmass was still an interesting, helpful place, with helpful and interesting pholks even though the "good old days" were already passed at that point. 

So I don't want to be a whiner. I know web forums are slowly dying, but sometimes there will be a really good thread or two that prompts some good discussion, and to have those pushed down in lieu of the silly and lame stuff is kind of sad.

A suggestion. I don't think the forum content from the open mic and debate table need to be separated. A lot of times the more serious open mic discussions turned into debates anyway. I don't think you need a sub-forum for debates, but I do think it would help to distinguish the more serious stuff from the silly, fun stuff.