Sign in to follow this  
Lucy MVGG

PCPA Nuns at EWTN

Marie Villalovos Smith

Yes...I haven't been able to access it either. Don't know what's up.

Totally Franciscan

I thought it was something with my computer.  Puts my mind at ease that others are having trouble.  Wonder what is going on.

littlebell

The website does not seem to have any recent information on the nuns. I signed up for their newsletter over a year and a half ago, but I have yet to receive anything. Does anyone have any recent news about the nuns?

nikita92

Lucy- Here is a snippet of my personal experience with OLAM!

After "befriending" a Olam PCPA postulant some years ago.. Only to have her leave the monastery... I have opted to turn my interest away from OLAM!

(Mother Angelica's "rosary w/the nuns" (the older version) was the reason, I have "come back to my Catholic faith!") 0;-)

Since my (few times) "support" of a particular sister...I can say, that I have became somewhat educated of how a convent/monastery handles someone that has discerned out! 

Of course" all situations of individuals who are discerning a religious vocation are uniquely their own. However, (from my perspective) just like the military...there seems to be is a "code" of "Don't ask, don't tell"!

And OLAM has had it's great share of those! 

I have a old OLAM newsletter (from back in the day of MA)

And I have fairly newer ones as well!

It's interesting to see the changes take place! It went from being more on the personal level, to a pretty generic format! 

I am glad you were able to access their Nuns section! ;)