An Old School Catholic Message Board

Am i absolved of comiting sin, if my husband who isnt catholic, though i am (we had a mixed marriage) insists on a combination of NFP and "pulling out" when am fertile?

Guest Edympo

I really need an answer on this.

I had a mixed marriage in the catholic churh (i am catholic and still practice but my husband is not catholic). We have 3 children and do not wish to have more . He doesnt see anything wrong in contraception and wants me to visit the hospital to get one, but i vehemently refused. To reach a compromise, he prefers pulling out when am fertile ( we also use NPF) and after i explianed that this too is against my catholic faith, he categorically says, he accepts the responsibility and blame because it is not against his own faith....So my dilemma is does it then mean i am absolved of commiting sin when ever he pulls out? I really want to abstain when fertile so as not to go against the church teaching, but he doesnt see the need for me to and often considers my act of abstinencde as a denial of his  marital rights. This is a constant emotional battle for me as i cant keep confessing a sin when its a perpetual act....

Mixed marriages can be difficult. I’d suggest making an appointment to speak to your priest about the issue. You cannnot control his actions during love making, but if you are consenting to it during a time you know you are fertile, knowing that he won’t complete the act correctly, it may be an issue that needs to be dealt with.