An Old School Catholic Message Board

Trump's Supreme Court pick: Brett Kavanaugh. Practicing Catholic.

dUSt

On 9/19/2018 at 5:59 PM, little2add said:

wedgie.jpg

I think a female would have made a much better candidate if only to shut down the anti-woman rhetoric that the Democrats so fervently espouse

on republicans and trump

They would just claim that it's another example of a woman being controlled by the hate-filled, misogynistic, patriarchal republicans. 

None of these allegations would stand up in the court of law and I am dubious of the timing. All that said, the Republicans need to grow a pair. If they can't get it done then they have nobody to blame but themselves. 

5 hours ago, Ash Wednesday said:

Republicans need to grow a pair. If they can't get it done then they have nobody to blame but themselves. 

I think that's how this whole mess started in the first place 

On 9/24/2018 at 10:57 AM, fides' Jack said:

They would just claim that it's another example of a woman being controlled by the hate-filled, misogynistic, patriarchal republicans. 

me-too, your right!  It would be best if Kavanaugh just withdrew .   His reputation has been destroyed by innuendos about his sexual crimes,  drinking.

If he is guilty or innocent it really  does not matter it this point in time. :sad2:

The truth is irrelevant

Edited by little2add

42600242_1085652428271112_35203079677883

On 9/24/2018 at 10:57 AM, fides' Jack said:

42507547_1085008241668864_28071200454680

42887266_1088294518006903_28522979689360

BTW: the (investigation) door swings both ways

Far-left cartoonist accused of targeting Kavanaugh's 10-year-old daughter in vicious cartoon

ALSO: “Please leave Judge Kavanaugh’s daughters alone,” tweeted the 38-year-old daughter of Hillary and Bill Clinton. “They do not belong in your cartoons, “jokes”, or skits. If you can’t make your point about Judge Kavanaugh, whatever it may be, without bullying his kids, it’s not worth making.”

Kavanaugh-cartoon-720.jpg?w=1494&ssl=1

Absolutely no decency in some of the news media anymore, no shame, no conscience, no morals

Ash Wednesday

I don't care how much someone hates a politician or their policies -- their children should always be off limits.

I think this travesty has been a repeat image of the Trump election. 

The Dems go DEFCON 12, Neon-Red with dirty tricks on top, when addressing reasonable concerns. 

The Reps go DEFCON 12, etc., in deference. 

The Media gleefully encourages the drama for viewership and ratings.  

The Citizens think only in terms of “them” vs “us”.

Rationality and reasonableness are trampled and left to bleed and die in the mud at political rallies  

And the concerns were never really considered and addressed  by rational adults. 

Bigly sad.   

On 10/7/2018 at 5:53 AM, Ash Wednesday said:

grumpy-cat_-good.png

I guess I'm a little surprised you feel this way, in that you seem please he was confirmed. I'm not sure exactly why.

I've not been paying attention to much of this fiasco, due to work and my nana being in hospice, but I've heard from folks that I trust that Kavanaugh acted like a jack-hole or something unbecoming of a judge. Also that he appeared to be lying about little things (like drinking in high school, which he probably did). I really don't care if he drank in high school, I'd care if he's lying about it though.

He just seems like a dingus

Do you folks really think Dr. Ford is lying? Again, I haven't been following so Idk.

8 hours ago, Ice_nine said:

I guess I'm a little surprised you feel this way, in that you seem please he was confirmed. I'm not sure exactly why.

I've not been paying attention to much of this fiasco, due to work and my nana being in hospice, but I've heard from folks that I trust that Kavanaugh acted like a jack-hole or something unbecoming of a judge. Also that he appeared to be lying about little things (like drinking in high school, which he probably did). I really don't care if he drank in high school, I'd care if he's lying about it though.

He just seems like a dingus

Do you folks really think Dr. Ford is lying? Again, I haven't been following so Idk.

His testimony went like this: He cried at the memory of lifting weights at his friend Tobin's house and was hostile when asked about alcohol. He insisted that he liked beer and instead of answering the questions such as if he'd ever had so much to drink that he blacked out, he responded by asking if they had ever done so. He cried about keeping calendars like his father did as if his father had died, when in reality his dad was sitting in the row behind him.

The calendar  he brought with him marked at least one day that he and 2 of the people Dr. Ford mentioned in her letter attended a gathering like what Dr. Ford described, despite him denying that he ever attended such events. Kavanaugh repeated claimed that all 4 witnesses of the event said it didn't happen when actually 3 of them said they didn't remember the incident and the other said that she believed Dr. Ford's allegation. So he miscategorized  evidence. 

The yearbook he brought to show that he was a wholesome young man that respected women said that he and his male friends were "Renate Alumni." This referred to a girl that they knew claiming that it was asexual and "...clumsily intended to show affection, and that she was one of us." Yet, the woman only just heard about this and responded that "...'the insinuation is horrible, hurtful and simply untrue.' " 

Kavanaugh consistently dodged the question of whether he supported an FBI investigation and there were instances during his testimony where he spoke in a surly tone.

The following are quotes from Dr. Ford:

"I am here today not because I want to be: I am terrified." 

"I am here because I believe it is my civic duty to tell you what happened to me while Brett Kavanaugh and I were in high school."

"I’ve had to relive this trauma in front of the world."

"It is not my responsibility to determine whether Mr. Kavanaugh deserves to sit on the Supreme Court. My responsibility is to tell you the truth."

"My greatest fears have been realized." 

One of the sticking points for Republicans—and what they seem to be trying to prove in order to discredit Dr. Ford’s testimony—is that she came forward late in the process, which they feel looks opportunistic. 

Let this be a lesson to them: There were only downsides to her coming forward, and Dr. Ford did it anyway. Those downsides were what kept her from doing so earlier, she said, because she knew that the public scrutiny would be painful for both her and her family. “The reality has been far worse than what I expected,” Dr. Ford said. “My family and I have been the target of constant harassment and death threats and I’ve been called the most vile and hateful names imaginable.”

She added that her and her parents’ addresses had been posted online, and she and her family had had to move out of their home because of the threats against them.

https://www.marieclaire.com/politics/a23492036/christine-blasey-ford-hearing-quotes/ 

dominicansoul

I believe the whole entire thing was contrived.  Ford is an employee of a company that manufactures the RU-486 pill.  She's looking at losing mucho money if Kavanaugh sends Roe V Wade back to the States.   I wouldn't depend on "marie claire, CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, etc etc etc." as a source.  Don't you guys understand yet that most of the media is controlled by leftists????  Besides, Ford was paid handsomely for this fiasco, over a million dollars.  She and the DNC should be investigated.  

The entire Democrat Party is in a rage because their precious "legal" abortion is under threat.  Planned Parenthood is looking to LOSE BILLIONS.  

If Judge Ginsburg croaks anytime soon, get ready for the next ****storm.  Whoever Trump nominates will have to worry about false accusations up the wazoo.  If its the "dogma is strong in you" Barrett, I wonder what they will use?  Not sexual assault I'm sure, perhaps make her out to be some crazy mentally ill  cult member...