An Old School Catholic Message Board

ideas for fundraiser

sr.christinaosf

sr.christinaosf

Hello everybody!  

I'm writing in hopes of getting some ideas/inspiration!

We are starting to plan for our annual craft/bake/variety sale and luncheon.

This year (instead of our traditional soup and sandwich), we're planning a spaghetti dinner - I'm thinking of calling the overall event an "Autumn Extravaganza."

I think it could be super fun.

We're thinking seriously of having a silent auction as well.

Proceeds will benefit our home for the elderly and disabled.

Any ideas for getting local support or making it more fun, or whatever, would be appreciated.

(I'm even thinking of dressing some able-bodied residents up, Italian-style, to serve as greeters?)

Hello Sister, 

I think a silent auction is an excellent idea. 

How about holding a 50/50?  Check with local government to see if a license is needed to have a 50/50. Some places will issue an inexpensive, good for one day license.

Would a volunteer or employee from your home be willing to contact local businesses and see if they would donate a gift basket or gift card for door prizes/raffle/silent auction? Could someone from your home contact the various suppliers/vendors you do business with and ask them if they would be willing to donate a basket or gift card? 

I don't know how many employees you have, but would each department at the home be willing to put together a gift basket? If each basket had a theme, say for instance, "kitchen", each employee in a department could bring in one small item-a kitchen towel, wooden spoons, timer, salt and pepper shakers, ect, for a small cost and put together a very nice basket. 

Do you have any professional or semi professional sports teams in your area? You could contact them and see if they might be willing to donate a pair of tickets to a game. 

Hope this helps. 

sr.christinaosf

Thanks for the thoughts!!!

We've already got several donors for basket items lined up!

What is a 50/50?

A  50/50 is a raffle where half of the money taken in from the raffle ticket sales is given to the winner and the other half of the money goes to the group that is holding the raffle.