Sign in to follow this  
dominicansoul

Prayers for LC

dominicansoul

I posted this in the prayer intentions, but thought I'd post it here as well.  Please pray for Sr. Catherine from the community of the Dominican Sisters of Saint Joseph in England.  She lost her eyesight suddenly. :(

The Sisters posted it on their FACEBOOK page and asked us to "pray for a miracle!"  

For those who remember,  Sr. Catherine was LC here on Phatmass.  Laetitia Crucis

I'm just heartbroken over this!!  Please pray!

Edited by dominicansoul
added stuff

nikita92
1 hour ago, dominicansoul said:

I posted this in the prayer intentions, but thought I'd post it here as well.  Please pray for Sr. Catherine from the community of the Dominican Sisters of Saint Joseph in England.  She lost her eyesight suddenly. :(

The Sisters posted it on their FACEBOOK page and asked us to "pray for a miracle!"  

For those who remember,  Sr. Catherine was LC here on Phatmass.  Laetitia Crucis

I'm just heartbroken over this!!  Please pray!

Is her first initial "M"?

I hope they are able to determine the cause!!

Prayer to Saint Lucy- Patron of the eyes!(for Sr. Catherine)

Saint Lucy

Whose beautiful name signifies 'LIGHT'

by the light of faith which God bestowed upon you

increase and preserve His light in my soul

so that I may avoid evil,

Be zealous in the performance of good works

and abhor nothing so much as the blindness and

the darkness of evil and sin.

Obtain for me, by your intercession with God

Perfect vision for my bodily eyes

and the grace to use them for God’s greater honour and glory

and the salvation of souls.

St. Lucy, virgin and martyr

hear my prayers and obtain my petitions.

Amen.

Antigonos

Prayers, definitely!  She's still a young woman.  I remember her well here on VS. [The nurse in me wonders whether she's been having any other health problems recently, since a sudden loss of sight without other symptoms is very unusual]

Dimitri

Did not know her, but that's a shame, I felt bad reading this. If she remains unblessed from eyesight, I pray she finds it in her heart to accept it the same way a Carthusian monk did in the documentary about that order. 

Antigonos

I'd put this in a giant font, but you probably can adjust the font size to read it.  So good to read this, Sister!  I remember you from your days on VS very well.

I wondered if you had an aggressive form of glaucoma -- the nurse in me is always curious about medical detail.  Great advances have been made in the treatment through medication and surgery, so one can be cautiously optimistic.  If you could send me your mother's first name, I'd happily put a request for a complete recovery in a crack of the Temple's Western Wall, a traditional Jewish practice for those suffering from illnesses or other problems.

Keep us updated, if possible.  If you are prevented from using your eyes too much, and can have another sister post for you, that's good too.

Praying for your complete recovery soon.

dominicansoul

SURGERY WAS CANCELLED!

She still has some swelling in her eye, so they have to wait a bit longer.  Keep those prayers going, peeps!