An Old School Catholic Message Board

US Defence Secretary Jim Mattis resigns

KnightofChrist

Good, the proxy war against Russian in Syria will, hopefully, come to an end. If Mattis wants to take his WWIII plans and go home boo hooing, good.

I think this is not good.   Mattis is what has kept us from WWIII so far.    It is a mistaken appeasement move that will get the US nothing.    Iran and Russia have made this a proxy war against US allies and to destabilize the area.    Keep in mind, Britan and France have troops and presence there, of their own volition.    There are valid reasons why the west has to put the effort in to keep the reagion stable.   Plus the Kurds will now be decimated by Turkey.  

Edited by Anomaly

Ash Wednesday

I was not happy to see the departure of Mattis. He attended my alma mater and is still remembered positively back home and someone everyone was proud of even before he became part of Trump's cabinet. From all I've ever heard, he is a very respected man from both sides of the aisle. Pardon my skepticism that I don't think Trump knows better than Mattis does on the matters they're parting company over.

Our Lady of Peace, pray for us