An Old School Catholic Message Board

Take Heed... You Could Be Next....

ironmonk

I wrote this for a short argumentive paragraph for my Comp class...

I thought it was worth sharing here....

Many people believe that the spare roll of toilet paper should be kept hidden, but I believe that there always should be a full spare roll of toilet paper in plain view - within three feet of the toilet. Some argue that having a spare toilet paper roll in plain view makes a bathroom look unappealing. It is understandable that bathroom keepers want their visitors to think of their bathroom as a comfortable and clean place. Some keepers like to conceal their spare roll by covering it with a decorated box or hollow fluffy creature for the appearance of decoration, which can leave the unsuspecting victim looking frantically for a solution to the problem to no avail. Some have been known to keep spare rolls under the sink, in some cases this is fine, but the rolls must not be placed out of reach and a major consideration is the angle of placement under the sink. If someone does not see the rolls under the sink, that person in all reality is without a spare. The most heinous of bathroom keepers keeps the spare rolls of toilet paper in a towel closet outside of the bathroom; this is by far the most unacceptable placement. The victim will have two choices; one, he could venture into the hall and risk being seen or a disastrous accident; two, he could call for help. If a call for help happens, part of the duty of the rescuer will be that they have to enter into the room when we are at one of our most private moments in our life. This can be one of the most stressful issues that we all could and probably have encountered in our lifetime. These are situations that are preventable, and should never have to happen to anyone. I plead with all bathroom keepers to always make sure that there is a spare roll of toilet paper in plain view for the safety and dignity of us all.

:D

ironmonk

Edited by ironmonk

IcePrincessKRS

lol Thats too funny, Ironmonk, yet oh-so-true! In my bathroom I don't really have a place to store the tp, so the package of it goes in--dum da dum--the hall closet, but I always keep a spare roll, in plain view on the back of the toilet. Forget the fluffy toys to cover it up! When you need tp you NEED tp!

cmotherofpirl

One of the great horrors of parenthood is to hold a wiggly stinky toddler on the toilet, and then discover you are out of paper.

No matter what you do, you will be sorry. :D

I always keep a spare roll of toilet paper in the bathroom, on the back of the toilet. But my roommates' girlfriend keeps taking it out and putting it in the closet: outside the bathroom. I've contemplated just getting off the toilet without pulling my pantaloons up, marching out into the living room and delivering a fiercesome harangue to everybody to make it clear that I expect the toilet paper to be kept *in* the bathroom, but when it comes down to the moment of truth I find I don't have enough courage. So I just sneak out to the closet, grab the toilet paper, and run back into the bathroom as quickly as I can, hoping that nobody will see me.

I always keep a spare roll of toilet paper in the bathroom, on the back of the toilet.  But my roommates' girlfriend keeps taking it out and putting it in the closet: outside the bathroom.  I've contemplated just getting off the toilet without pulling my pantaloons up, marching out into the living room and delivering a fiercesome harangue to everybody to make it clear that I expect the toilet paper to be kept *in* the bathroom, but when it comes down to the moment of truth I find I don't have enough courage.  So I just sneak out to the closet, grab the toilet paper, and run back into the bathroom as quickly as I can, hoping that nobody will see me.

Save an the cardboard from an empty roll.

One day, keep her busy and make sure she eats and drinks enough so that she will need to go badly.... before she uses the bathroom, use it first, take all the toilet paper out, and put the empty cardboard on the roller.

Sometimes, you just need to teach people a lesson.

:D

Good Luck!

ironmonk