An Old School Catholic Message Board

He Is Not Here

Dave

He Is Not Here

Peter and Paul Ministries

Mr. David James passed away in an unfortunate car accident at the age of 35 and was immediately whisked by angels before St. Peter and the gates of heaven.

Mr. James: Where am I?

St. Peter: You are standing before the gates of heaven.

Mr. James: Who are you?

St. Peter: I am Peter, the humble servant of God.

Mr. James: You mean St. Peter the first pope?

St. Peter: Yes.

Mr. James: Wow ! I made it to heaven!

St. Peter: Hold on, we have to see if your name is written in The Book of Life. What is your name?

Mr. James: Mr. David James.

St. Peter: Lets take a look.

(St. Peter opened a great book and began to look in it.)

Mr. James: I wonder what heaven is like?

St. Peter: I don’t see your name.

Mr. James: What? Look again!

St. Peter: I am sorry. Your name is not here.

Mr. James: There has to be some kind of mistake! Please check with some one else.

St. Peter: I will call for your complete record.

(An angel appeared and handed a scroll to St. Peter.)

Mr. James: Quick, read it!

(St. Peter unrolled the scroll.)

St. Peter: Lets see. You where a member of St. Anthony's parish and contributed amble time and financial support. You were married and had two children. Looks pretty good so far.

Mr. James: Do see any problems?

St. Peter: Here it is.

Mr. James: What?

St. Peter: You were unrepentant.

Mr. James: What do you mean I was unrepentant?

St. Peter: It says here, that you were unrepentant for the sins of using contraception, being sterilized, and receiving Holy Communion in the state of mortal sin.

Mr. James: You have to be kidding!

St. Peter: No, I am not kidding. You knew it was sinful to do such things. Why didn’t you confess your sins to a priest? Jesus would have forgiven you.

Mr. James: I didn't have the time, besides everybody uses artificial birth control. What is the big deal ?

St. Peter: Christians do not conform themselves to the world but are transformed. Intentional sterility is an affront before the Lord. God despises any sexual act that deliberately departs from the possibility of new life in its design. The big deal is these mortal sins you perpetrated extinguished God’s grace dwelling within your soul. Every time you accepted our Lord in the Most Blessed Sacrament you committed a sacrilege. The Bible clearly states in First Corinthians 11:27, "Therefore, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord." What in the world were you thinking?

Mr. James: I didn’t sin! The Church just made up those rules about artificial birth control so everyone would have large families. Besides, the Bible never denounces the use of contraception or having a vasectomy!

St. Peter: You are wrong. The Church didn’t make this up or said one had to have a large family. Just about every imaginable sexual activity is mentioned in the Bible, and the only form that is pleasing to God is uncorrupted conjugal love. As for your vasectomy, Deuteronomy 23:1 says, "No one who is emasculated, or has his male organ cut off, shall enter the assembly of the Lord." Contraception is condemned in Genesis 38:8-10 where God took the the life of Onan because he spilled his seamen rather than produce children.

Mr. James: That is the Old Testament. All that archaic morality was done away with when Christ came. Everybody knows that.

St. Peter: This is a trick used by Lucifer to dupe the foolish into believing that these condemnations are obsolete. Christ did abolish the ceremonial laws, but He never dispensed with the moral law. Jesus said in Matthew 5:17-18, "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished." The New Testament also condemns contraception in Romans 1:25-26. Do you want me to quote this verse?

Mr. James: No. Can’t you make an exception for me?

St. Peter: I am very sorry. It is time for you to go.

(All at once, two hideous demons with chains in their hands appeared on either side of Mr. James.)

Mr. James: This has to be a mistake! Hey, wait a minute! What about Father Charles Turren? Yea, that's right! He said it was ok to use contraception and to get a vasectomy if ones conscience dictated. He said Vatican II changed all those outdated beliefs of the Church. Father passed away a couple years ago. Go ask him! Yea, he will make everything ok! Look in your book, quick!

St. Peter: Ok, Ok! I will check.

(St. Peter opened The Book of Life and began to turn the pages. After a while St. Peter looked up slowly at Mr. James.)

St. Peter: He is not here.

Wow, very thought provoking! I might use this with my youth group!

Christians do not conform themselves to the world but are transformed.

Wow again! I love this statement!

I suppose one could lose the point in this story when the idea of Purgatory comes to mind...

PRAISE GOD FOR PURGATORY!!! :)

Scary: yes...

But, it is truth...

littleflower+JMJ

ppl do not realize that the pill is a grave sin....whether thru their own ignorance or their lazy and stubborn ways but it is abortion at a much earlier stage and all who do use it will be judge accordingly....

if everyone was jumping off a bridge would you too also?

i thnk not. just because the majority of ppl do it, doesn't make it right!

they should know that if they do, it is sinful to do!

Pretty harsh for sure. This guy seems to be pretty ignorant, i'm not sure he deserves Hell, maybe a few millenia in purgatoey though.

OKay firstly, I dont' sleep around or nothing, and I'm waiting until I'm married for that.

BUT, I used to use the pill. Not for contraception, but beacuse I was SICK. And the doctors prescribed me the pill. Now if i dont' use the pill I would have been in immense pain and always fainting and being in hospital.

bit harsh don't u think, for me to not use the pill...

Actually, the Church does NOT condemn using the pill for non-contraceptive reasons, just so long as you're not having sex while you're using it because it can still kill the baby.

However, the pill can cause health problems, so if your doctor prescribes it for a medical disorder, you should consider getting a second opinion.

There is also almost always alternative medicines you can take.

Doctors prescribe the pill because it's easy and they think they're helping by prescribing something that has "birth control" as a side effect.

littleflower+JMJ

not to mention its a money-making business and they pass them out like candy....

i would be concern for anyone on the pill if they had to use it for medication or anything because it will do more damage than good. and really hurt you. and dangerous than many realize

its not safe at all, my sister has done research on it and its horrific how it came about....i would never recommend anyone taking it, really one shouldn't at all costs

i hope you are well freaky chic and better now

God BLess!

+JMJ

its not safe at all, my sister has done research on it and its horrific how it came about....i would never recommend anyone taking it, really one shouldn't at all costs

i hope you are well freaky chic and better now

God BLess!

+JMJ

Freaky I hope you are okay.

:wub: :wub:

I had to do the research b/c I too was prescribed it for a health issue. What did i find out? There was another way to get better. Why didn't she tell me about it? B/C it's a BIG money maker. They don't care about the side effects, the HUGE link b/t breast cancer and the pill, or other deadly cases.

The History of the Pill is a sad one too. The more I learned the more passionate I am against it. It is not wrong to be on the pill for medical reasons, but you can be doing more harm than good when you are taking it for medical reasons. What did the doctor do? She put me on "BlahBlah" some big fancy medical term for some type of medicine. What did it turn out to be? Another type of birth control.

*looks on forehead*

"Does it say Stupid here?"

That doc sure pulled a fast one on me. :angry:

well my other option was having a hysterectomy :P

but God healed me! So PRAISE GOD!! *does a dance*

anyways... the doctors asked me if I slept around cos they warned me it wouldnt' help in birth control... so lets say if i was marrid, and i was using this particular pill that they gave me and it didnt' help in birth control.... is that wrong?