An Old School Catholic Message Board

*****i Have A Questio- Please Help!*****

curtins

ok heres the thing-I start school on wednesday. I NEED to listen to this cd on the bus on wednesday- because its like a tradition for me- dont ask. ok well I have the cd- only its ileagal- I downloaded the songs a year ago b4 i knew it was imoral to do so. So I have this illeagaly burned/downloaed cd. Like I've said before- im not gonna listen to my burned cds anymore- and im gonna buy all of them. Well today Im going to buy the cd online. I dont think it will get here though in 2 days. But im still gonna buy it.

I was wondering- could I listen to my downloaded version of the same cd until the copy that I bought arives???? Cuz I already am gonna buy it- so I have spent the money- its mine, just a matter of space and time. and The ileagal one could be like my back up copy- that you are allowed to have.

Cause i really need to have this cd for my first day at school- and im already paying for it.

thanks

Well curtins, I'm not sure. I'll let someone else answer this...but can't you wait till the CD arrives? If you already ordered it and school starts on wednesday, it shouldn't be long...

but if it doesnt come before wednesday- and i need it wednesday morning

i really dont see how its bad if im already paying for it- cuz it could be like my back up copy

You legally own a copy of that CD. You are allowed to make copies for personal use.

Getting so worked up about music, and possibly a silly "tradition" is a sin. I'd say that you avoid it for the very reason you want to use and have it.

God bless,

Mikey

hey man dont be making fun of my traditions

and i dont see how it could be sinful

infact im trying to avoid sinning by asking this so i know if its ok to do or not

i need a simple yes- if i order the cd i can listen to the burned copy i already have

or no- even if i order the cd i still cant listen to my burned copy (which doesnt make much sence)

please i need one or the other ppl

Yes, you can listen to the CD.

Please explain the tradition, however. While it is morally right to listen to the CD you downloaded, it imay not be for this reason, so please explain.

God bless,

Mikey

wait- you said its morrally right for me to listen to the cd i download- ONLY BECAUSE IM BUYING IT- RIGHT?????

oh my tradition- last year on the first day of school i listened to the same cd cuz that was when i was gettin into punk rock for like the 1st time

its not really a tradition- just more like remembering the past good memories-music helps you do that you know?

i dont see how that could be sinful

It is morally correct, because you aren't in the process of buying it, but have given the money ( I am they have yet to receive it, but you intend for the money to get there, and have done all you can to do so ). You morally own the CD... however legally speaking, no you can't.

I don't put much value in civil law however. So it is yours, and you can listen to it.

That specific tradition isn't sinful, I thought it would be more serious.

Now weather punk rock is any good, thats a matter of question.

God bless,

Mikey