An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dead Teen May Have Taken Abortion Pill

jmjtina

littleflower+JMJ

i just saw the news on CNN. hopefully this will wake ppl up

and its pretty ironic, the title CNN used, "Abortion Pill Death"

they should switch it around...it would be more proper to say...

"THE ABortion DEath Pill"

don'tcha think?

Here's parts of the article from Yahoo news that I read:

"SAN FRANCISCO - Holly Marie Patterson went to a Planned Parenthood (news - web sites) clinic two weeks ago to quietly consider ways to handle a life change she wasn't ready for. One week later, the 18-year-old lay dying on an emergency room table, the victim of complications after she took the abortion pill."

Note the word "ways". Isn't that a sly way for the media to make it look like Planned Parenthood offeres "other" solutions to pregnancy other than DEATH? LOL!

"...Although he said he did not blame the pill for his daughter's death, Monty Patterson regretted that she and her boyfriend hadn't received more information and support from family members, counselors and physicians."

Lord have mercy! So if his daughter had been given ALL the info., and yet still chose the pill, the dad is cool with that! He's just upset she wasn't given all the material, not necessarily that she chose to use the pill.

I would form a one man crusade if that was my daughter (and grandchild - for crying out loud).

Also on my mind...

Does anyone know specifically how that pill kills the baby? It was almost intollerable reading about the baby's "fragments" that caused an infection. So, in otherwords, the baby was reduced to "fragments".

Oh Lord, turn your wrath away from Planned Parenthood. Give them a chance to realize their mistakes. Amen.

More stuff on Yahoo:

"Illegal abortion in Ethiopia rings alarm bells

Sun Sep 14, 4:04 PM ET Add Health - AFP to My Yahoo!

ADDIS ABABA (AFP) - Concern is growing in Ethiopia over the number of illegal abortions in the country's mainly muslim regional state of Harri, authorities in the region have warned.

"At least 398 women underwent illegal abortions in the last Ethiopian calendar alone, which ended on Friday, and their number continues to increase," Walta information Center (WIC) reported Sunday, quoting the health bureau in Harri, situated some 550 kilometres (340 miles) southeast of the capital Addis Ababa.

WIC quoted the bureau as saying that "most of these statistics were collected from the region's two major hospitals -- Hiowt Fana and Misrak Arebegnoch -- which treated the women for bleeding or other complications.

"There could many more women who underwent illegal abortions, but never reached the hospitals," the health bureau warned, saying the illegal abortions were common among women aged between 15 to 44 years.

Abortions are illegal in Ethiopia, although they remain rampant among young women in the country's large cities where complications arising during and after the abortions often lead to many deaths.

Unsafe abortions are one of the five leading causes of maternal mortality in Africa, but if the termination is carried out under proper medical supervision it is among the safest procedures."

I hate how they suggest that since killing your baby is dangerous for you if you do it by yourself, then to solve the problem, let's do it "professionally" for you!

Urrrr! Don't they understand. Maybe the reason it's "dangerous" for the mothers is because its WRONG!

Maybe the solution should be to educate women one how NOT to get pregnant in the first place. That doesn't include "contraception" which is not only ineffective, but is also deadly for your soul. They should all have a crash course on chastity, abstinance and selfcontrol!

More stuff on Yahoo:

"Illegal abortion in Ethiopia rings alarm bells

Sun Sep 14, 4:04 PM ET  Add Health - AFP to My Yahoo!

ADDIS ABABA (AFP) - Concern is growing in Ethiopia over the number of illegal abortions in the country's mainly muslim regional state of Harri, authorities in the region have warned.

"At least 398 women underwent illegal abortions in the last Ethiopian calendar alone, which ended on Friday, and their number continues to increase," Walta information Center (WIC) reported Sunday, quoting the health bureau in Harri, situated some 550 kilometres (340 miles) southeast of the capital Addis Ababa.

WIC quoted the bureau as saying that "most of these statistics were collected from the region's two major hospitals -- Hiowt Fana and Misrak Arebegnoch -- which treated the women for bleeding or other complications.

"There could many more women who underwent illegal abortions, but never reached the hospitals," the health bureau warned, saying the illegal abortions were common among women aged between 15 to 44 years.

Abortions are illegal in Ethiopia, although they remain rampant among young women in the country's large cities where complications arising during and after the abortions often lead to many deaths.

Unsafe abortions are one of the five leading causes of maternal mortality in Africa, but if the termination is carried out under proper medical supervision it is among the safest procedures."

I hate how they suggest that since killing your baby is dangerous for you if you do it by yourself, then to solve the problem, let's do it "professionally" for you!

Urrrr!  Don't they understand.  Maybe the reason it's "dangerous" for the mothers is because its WRONG!

Maybe the solution should be to educate women one how NOT to get pregnant in the first place.  That doesn't include "contraception" which is not only ineffective, but is also deadly for your soul.  They should all have a crash course on chastity, abstinance and selfcontrol!

Which is why Human Life International is trying to promote NFP worldwide....

Does anyone know specifically how that pill kills the baby?  It was almost intollerable reading about the baby's "fragments" that caused an infection.  So, in otherwords, the baby was reduced to "fragments". 

RU-486 is actually a cocktail of drugs. It involves taking two pills and then later a vagina susposotory which causes the contractions of the uterus.

RU-486 is actually the tradename for "Mifepristone". It's a synthetic steroid that inhibits the action of progesterone, which is a hormone produced by the body to insure the embyro or foetus can remain attached to the uterine wall without being discarded.

Essentially, the drug cuts off the ability for the child to absorb nuterients from the mother, and so, it basically starves to death before it drops off the uterine wall.

The process takes a few days.

Problems arise when the child is not properly "shed" from the body, basically when the contractions don't work well enough to cause the child to be expelled, this will cause the child to start to decompose in the body and cause blood posioning and infection et cetera.

RU-486 is actually a cocktail of drugs. It involves taking two pills and then later a vagina susposotory which causes the contractions of the uterus.

RU-486 is actually the tradename for "Mifepristone". It's a synthetic steroid that inhibits the action of progesterone, which is a hormone produced by the body to insure the embyro or foetus can remain attached to the uterine wall without being discarded.

Essentially, the drug cuts off the ability for the child to absorb nuterients from the mother, and so, it basically starves to death before it drops off the uterine wall.

The process takes a few days.

Problems arise when the child is not properly "shed" from the body, basically when the contractions don't work well enough to cause the child to be expelled, this will cause the child to start to decompose in the body and cause blood posioning and infection et cetera.

And that's "liberating"? Uh! **throws up hands** I give up! God, it's in your hands.

[And that's "liberating"? Uh!  **throws up hands**  I give up!  God, it's in your hands.

As I told an Abortion doctor I had the displeasure of meeting "If I was Pro-Choice I'd oppose this drug!" And, in actual fact, the Feminst Research Grrrls, who are staunchy Pro-Abortion are against this thing!

But then, when you think about it, better to take the drug at home then risk rape, sexual molestation, assualt, medical mishaps and Mediator of Meh only knows what else at the hands of an abortionist.

I mean, how many Pro-Choicers realise that abortion clinics aren't regulated and dont' have to meet the same standards as any other medical clinics? Some places don't even use gloves and reuse the use once only suction cafterter tubes because they claim "The added cost would increase abortions".

Math lesson, people:

Latex gloves cost about 5c a pair, even less in some places.

Use once only suction cafterter tube, $2.

10 - 15 minutes [at the most] of the doc's time to perform = Can't be more then $30, I mean, I live in NZ and I pay 30$ for a 30 minute consolation!!

So what exactly is the $350 of an abortion paying for?

But at the end of the day, the scary, horrifying truth is, that young woman will have to face God and explain why she killed her child, no chance to repent, to go to the Lord with a sin like that on your soul. God have mercy.

Edited by Chastisement