An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why People Leave Phatmass...

dUSt

I recently asked someone why they don't visit phatmass any longer:

"...because the phorum use to be a place where I could learn and grow in my faith... recently, it's turned into personal bickering matches, just like every other message board on the internet... phatmass use to be unique, but now it's the same as the rest of them..."

Please, I ask everyone, help me make phatmass the place it use to be. The place where a person of any denomination could visit without feeling like an ousider. A place where hostility is answered with calmness and clarity--where hate is answered with love. Please, help me lift phatmass up again.

This is my request. I can't do it alone. Everyone who is committed to this goal, please reply to this thread. This will be your sign that your willing to help me make phatmass the best representative of Christ's Church on the internet.

God bless.

CatholicAndFanatical

My bad Dust, I am one of the guilty, I appologize for the disrupt and being kinda mean in a few of my posts...ok, ok..alot of my posts, Im human, its hard to stay calm when someone is telling you they are right but not providing anything to back it up and telling you you're wrong even though you provide proof..I did get angry and spout off.

I will work harder in the future to be up lifting around here, and be more patient with our brothers and sisters in Christ.

Peace, Love and Bar B Q spatula's,

CatholicAndFanatical

CatholicAndFanatical

I doubt it mp, he simply is asking for certain people to stand up and take action so that this doesnt happen again or that often on here.

"ARE YOU READY FOR A WAR!!" - MC Just

CatholicAndFanatical

Thanks. It means alot.

The harder y'all work at being charitable, the harder it'll make everyone else (including myself) work at it. After awhile, I hope it'll create an environment of peace.

I've never heard of a conversion story where the person was persuaded to join the Church by people who were hostile towards them--have you?

Does this mean that anyone who doesn't respond is gonna get singled out and asked to leave?

No. I've never asked anyone to leave phatmass, and don't plan to.

littleflower+JMJ

dust, you can count me in.

i will try harder to be patient and kind to all our brothers and sisters in christ.

we must always strive to see Jesus in others.

i apologize if i have made things worse in any way.

+JMJ

we can do this, we're a phamily.

God bless!

dust, you can count me in.

i will try harder to be patient and kind to all our brothers and sisters in christ.

i apologize if i have made things worse  in any way.

+JMJ

we can do this, we're a phamily.

God bless!

Thank you.

By the way. How long are you going to leave your title like that?

CatholicAndFanatical

will try harder to be patient and kind to all our brothers and sisters in christ.

i apologize if i have made things worse in any way.

No kidding, the way you fly off the handle like that..whew..WATCH OUT!!

:P

jk, love ya littleflower Nice to see you around

CatholicAndFanatical

littleflower+JMJ

yes i meant it. :ph34r:

i think we all need to reflect on what we could do better in the future and go from there.

lets get to work!

+JMJ

Well I have never been anything other than who I am so I hope that works for everybody. I too used to think this sight better when I first signed up, but it is not the bickering that has made it worse. At least that is what I think. I don't think there is more bickering now than there was months ago. I think this site is tame compared to some I visit. But anyway, I think there are several different problems that plague this site. I just think it goes deeper than bickering dUSt. If you can accept me for who I am then I guess I will stick around. If not, then I can find the door on my own.

Edited by mp15

Well I have never been anything other than who I am so I hope that works for everybody. I too used to think this sight better when I first signed up, but it is not the bickering that has made it worse. At least that is what I think. I don't think there is more bickering now than there was months ago. I think this site is tame compared to some I visit. But anyway, I think there are several different problems that plague this site. I just think it goes deeper than bickering dUSt. If you can except me for who I am then I guess I will stick around. If not, then I can find the door on my own.

Mp, if bickering isn't the problem, and you know other problems, please let dUSt know so that this site might flourish!

I'm in to dUSt. I will try even harder to be more humble and gentle.

Thanks for being the coolest webmaster/admin/friend!

Dust we have wonderful people visit this site and become phamily.

Some one of two lately have been down right nasty, and I am glad you are

dealing with them.

Feeling like your dealing with nasties all on your own can be discouraging for

everybody.

If everybody is required to have manners, then the place will get back to normal

quickly.

When defending the Church we must always remember that she has survived

quite well without our input for the last 2000 years, and will continue to do well til

the end of time.

We need to take the long view of things and realize we can open the door, but

God is the one that will lead people thru it.