An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why People Leave Phatmass...

dUSt

I've belonged to phatmass for years and 3 different board versions. There's always been other denominations and non-Christians here. I've been on other boards, such as Christian Debate, Catholic, etc.

I stay here because it builds my faith up. I've gotten e-mails from people who have said it's helped them. I know a number of the under 20 creepy aliens and have seen them grow in faith. My daughter posts here.

When I'm here, I represent the Catholic Church. I've been in the Church long enough to see the sin and corruption from Church leaders. Thankfully, I've been in long enough to learn more about the graces of the Church and the Sacraments, with no small part of it because of the people I've been graced to come in contact with here at phatmass.

There's plenty of people out there that want to show the unpleasant side of the Church, including division. I don't think we need it here. I want phatmass to reflect the wonderful, fountain of grace that the Church is. I stay and participate because that's what it is most of the time.

We aren't all legal adults, nor are we all mature in our faith, but phatmass is a place where we all can share and grow in love.

Thanks guys.

I do want to mention something though. I'm not trying to censor anyone or stop them from saying what's on their mind. I simply ask that you word your responses in a way that isn't demeaning or insulting. There are hundreds of ways to say one thing. Just treat people with respect, even if you don't feel they deserve it.

Not me, I'm not on board a bit. I'm going to be as rude and disrespectful as ever.

MWHHHAAHHHHHAAAAAAA.....

Yeah right. I'm so darn threatening.

Sorry, dUSt, I've been in a weird, foul mood lately.

The snidey anti-Catholic remarks when I came here were just the icing on top...

I'll try harder next time...

(But I can't promise! I'm.......weak.) Remember, ya used to have a back alley where folks could go when they needed to take a round outta someone! ;) :P

I haven't been around very long, so I will do my best to make good first impressions. I will not be uncivil to anyone; if anything I will try to help keep peace. -_-

keep the faith,

~TF~

You may have noticed my pathetic little posts signed "vera the peacemaker".....yeah, i wanted to patch up some really nasty posts between people.....i think i made things worse....a certain post comes to mind....a certain person made an anyi-catholic remark and i sorta flipped..... :ph34r:

Again sorry, i'll try harder and we all should, brothers and sisters, and we're all phamily and i don't know what else to say except i'll try harder and that's it......

Sorry for this confusing post.....did you notice that certain people haven't come in and apologized or made any comment yet?? Yes, you know who I mean....

Sorry, dUST, there I go again, talking about "certain" people, etc.......GOTTA TRY HARDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thomas Michael

"Blessed are the peacemakers, they shall be called children of God."

I've never been one to pick fights, yet I do have a tendency to lash out when I am under attack. I pray all the time for the ability to handle conflict and confrontation more wisely. I still have a card that I received at a Mass years ago, with the heading "Called to be Peacemakers and Apostles of Hope". If I remember correctly, it was some kind of pledge thing that you signed at the bottom. I'd like to see something like that circulated at youth Masses again.

fight crime. shoot back.

:o  :o

:ph34r:

:D I'm part of the Galactic Empire, if you break the law...

...well, let's just say you won't be stopping by the Mos Eisly Cantina for a while.

Edited by Paladin D