An Old School Catholic Message Board

Was St. Paul Martyred?

Theologian in Training

Theologian in Training

THeo I wasn't trying to be rude.

I have had theology professors and priests tell me all kinds of things, so I take it all with a grain of salt.

I had a prof tell me the Church was going to make celibacy optional and women would be ordained.  I had one tell me Jesus didn't know he was God until he was resurrected and one tell me purgatory didn't exist.

Most of the profs I had in college are now leaders in the womens ordination movement with all the new age stuff you can find out there.

And I went to an orthodox CAtholic College.

I have got to the point that I if I can't find  verify something I don't believe it.

I am sorry if I offended you Theo, it was not my intention.

I too have had the luxury of being subjected to similar priests and professors, and also take what they say with a grain of salt. My seminary is not the most orthodox in the world, but, if you look around, not a lot of them are. They have their good points, their weak points, and their in between points. It is a fact of seminaries that we all have to face and live with, because, as many holy priests have said, our vocation is not to be seminarians all our life.

The majority of the priests teaching here were trained in Rome, so their grounding isn't as shaky as others, and they do teach orthodoxy, no matter how dry and boring they present it at times. As far as I can tell, most, if not all, disagree with the New Age movement, are opposed to women's ordination, and never insist of a married clergy, nor dream of one, unless it is within the context of a theological discussion whereby we are weighing in the argument itself.

What I was merely presenting was an argument that the professor was aware of as existing within the Scriptural studies circle. Personally, I didn't know the strength of its validity nor inavlidity, and usually, for me, it takes more than one source, like the Catholic Encyclopedia before I, myself can validate it. Again, that is just me, but I do understand where you are coming from.

I am sorry for the mix-up, and thank you for the clarification.

God Bless