An Old School Catholic Message Board

On Cnn

VeraMaria

they probably have thier own reporters voting to make it LOOK like that's what the majority thinks.......... <_<

Pffft, yeah right.... :angry:

Just think of how little people know about Terri's case. The News kept referring to her being in a Coma. She isn't. More accurately, she is brain damaged and is sometimes in a vegitative state. Sometimes she isn't. That's why the word "persistent" is used often when describing her state.

CMom,

I did not hear the money was frozen. Much of the money was used by her husband in his legal battles. The original award was over $700,000. The lawyers were paid. Don't forget, it's been a legal battle for years. My guess is that Mr. Schiavo did not expect this to take so long and he became trapped by his actions.

People answer polls and give opinions on 10% of the facts. They think they know 90% of the facts, but we never know more then 30%. That goes for both sides.

They have just had an item about this on BBC News 24 - the first time it has been mentioned over here and I guess it made the news because of the change in the law. However the reporter made it sound as if it was Terri's right to die which was being halted by Jebb Bush, and of course she was described as being in a coma, so to anyone who didn't know anything about the case it would seem as if it was her decision that was being denied under the law. Isn't it amazing how the omission of facts can lead to a story which reflects the views of a journalist rather than presenting the whole truth?

I talked with three of my co-workers about this yesterday, and every single one of them thought that she was in a coma, on life support. These folks taking the poll most likely do not know the facts. When I enlightened my co-workers to what was really going on, they were outraged. They couldn't understand why this was getting more media coverage. They also couldn't believe that the media would so blatently lie.