An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Dog Died This Morning

Dave

Well, it finally happened. My beloved basset hound, Snoopy, died this morning. He was 15 years old and going downhill. This morning we found him barely able to move, and breathing took some serious effort on his part. So we had no choice but to put him to sleep.

I've been crying all morning. It was so sad to see him in the state he was in, but seeing him die wasn't any easier.

(((((((hugs))))))))))

Its never easy. And there aren't really any words to make it better. Shipping a prayer to St. Francis to help comfort you.

St. Hildegard of Bingen, pray for Dave and his family.

Dave, I'm going to begin offering a novena to St. Hildegard of Bingen for you and your family. Like St. Francis, St. Hildegard was a mystic who loved God's creation very much. I'll offer a novena to her so that she will pray for the comfort of you and your family.

Sorry Bro,

I understand. I've lost a few dogs that were with me a long time.

Just remember, everything is in God's plan, and your in our prayers.

God Bless, Your Servant in Christ,

ironmonk

CatholicAndFanatical

Sorry to hear that bro. I lost a dog that was that age as well, she was the best dog I ever had. But like someone said above here, its all in God's plan.

Rejoice in what you had, and be anxious at what is to come.

did that sound like a fotune cookie :blink:

Hey dave, I'll be on yahoo in a bit if you wanna talk.

Peace

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I feel your pain because I may be going through that within the next year. I'm worried about my 14-1/2 yo cocker spaniel who is very inconsistent with his appetite. I don't know if it has to do with old age finickiness or kidney problems (high BUN levels in blood, high protein content in urine; he did have lepto about 2 years ago, and that disease attacks the kidneys; I'm just thankful that he survived that). I guess I just can't let g -partially because know my other cocker spaniel (who was a stray) has gotten so used to him that if he goes, she is going to go nuts.

Edited by Norseman82

i'm right along with norseman, my black lab is 15, same age as me, i've never known a day without him. He's had two strokes, we almost put him to sleep twice, but he keeps pulling through somehow. He's on pills for the rest of his life, how ever long that may be.

i've not felt your pain yet, but only a glimse of it. you have my sympathy.

It is ironic...when I first clicked on this topic, Roscoe (the 14-1/2 yo) woke up and came over to me to be petted and was then barking at something outside.