An Old School Catholic Message Board

What I Have Learnt At Phatmaass

Robyn

Ok, as a whole, you have all shown me a lot and some of you have been nice.

ironmonk - I originally disliked you and now I have more respect for you...

so what I've learnt/how my thoughts have been influenced:

1. I have been turned off the Catholic church.

2. I have been SHOWN WHY my parents left the Catholic church.

3. My grounding has grown stronger in Christ because of the time spent here.

4. There are 2 sets of rules: 1 for Catholics, 1 for non-Catholics.

5. RE: point 1: some Catholics are quite nice and good to talk with.

On the whole, I'd like to thank you for answering my questions, and an extra thanks to the people who actually read my posts properly and didn't blindly attack them.

It's been a good learning experience. Some of the attacks on my beliefs gave me grounding for sermons - and encouraged me. Even though I had a strong grounding, you got me researching more and understanding more of why I believe what I believe.

and most of all, the fact I have been disliked and attacked and accused has really encouraged me! Thank you :) (seriously)

Finally, I pray that you are blown away by a supernatural experience through your relationship with Jesus! He has so much in store for your lives, but you have to accept what he is offereing you. I pray that your hearts really desire this.

Ciao :)

Edited by Robyn

I'm sorry to hear that you feel that way.

But it does aggreviate (typo) some of us, when non-Catholics make claims yet have little evidence to back them up. Only scriptural quotes, and no historical or support of the First Christians (Early Church Fathers).

Hi Robyn,

I've never heard anything like this before. What does it mean?

God bless you,

Mateo

Hi Robyn,

I've never heard anything like this before.  What does it mean?

God bless you,

Mateo

i think it means we follow the rules of the Bible as it has been interpretted for 2000 years and they follow the rules of the Bible whichever way they think it is sposedta mean.

.... i hope 2 see u in heaven one day (God-willing I persevere to the end by the Grace of God), Robyn, then we kan recall this discussion, but i wont gloat or be proud cause i'll have been made perfect.. u kant sin in heaven.

still, it'll be fun 2 recall this convo with you there. ;)

....  i hope 2 see u in heaven one day (God-willing I persevere to the end by the Grace of God), Robyn, then we kan recall this discussion, but i wont gloat or be proud cause i'll have been made perfect.. u kant sin in heaven.

That's assuming that she hasn't been made culpable for her rejection of the Church's authority, which would render Robyn culpable for the mortal sins of heresy and schism.

Remember, the Church only regards as bretheren those Protestants who, THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN, do not posess the fulness of faith.

Ok, as a whole, you have all shown me a lot and some of you have been nice.

ironmonk - I originally disliked you and now I have more respect for you...

so what I've learnt/how my thoughts have been influenced:

1. I have been turned off the Catholic church.

2. I have been SHOWN WHY my parents left the Catholic church.

3. My grounding has grown stronger in Christ because of the time spent here.

5. RE: point 1: some Catholics are quite nice and good to talk with.

On the whole, I'd like to thank you for answering my questions, and an extra thanks to the people who actually read my posts properly and didn't blindly attack them.

It's been a good learning experience. Some of the attacks on my beliefs gave me grounding for sermons - and encouraged me. Even though I had a strong grounding, you got me researching more and understanding more of why I believe what I believe.

and most of all, the fact I have been disliked and attacked and accused has really encouraged me! Thank you :) (seriously)

Finally, I pray that you are blown away by a supernatural experience through your relationship with Jesus! He has so much in store for your lives, but you have to accept what he is offereing you. I pray that your hearts really desire this. 

Ciao :)

Thank you for the nice comments to me.

I must say something.

You came here to attack the Catholic faith, you have no right to leave as the victim. If you came to learn about Catholcism, you would have asked questions and left your beliefs off the board. The debate board is for debates, people who willing enter a debate board cannot cry victim.

There are facts about Christ. If you cannot find real solid answers, you are looking in the wrong place.

You parents left the Catholic Church for one of three reasons....

1.) they didn't know the faith and/or lazy

2.) they didn't want to give up a sin

3.) they don't believe in God

Knowing Christ is not a philosophical problem... it's a factual problem... "What did Christ teach?" - "What did the Apostles teach about Christ" - "Who did the Apostles teach to teach?" - "Who did they teach to teach?" - "Who did they teach to teach?" and so on....

If a church that did not give us the New Testament tries to teach the New Testament, they will teach error. Only the Church that gave us the New Testament can be the Church with the Authority given to them by Christ to teach the whole world the Gospel of Christ. Only that Church is attacked by the entire world and all the heretic churches that spawned out from Her. Only that Church which has been Established By Christ our Savior is Truly Guided by the Holy Spirit In all truth... with the Fullness of Truth... without error. It is that Church that does not seek to speak ill of anyone's beliefs but to show respect and spread the Gospels to those people that do not have it. It is that Church that accepts the sinners and does not beaver dam them to hell. It is that Church which loves the sinner and nurtures the sinner with the hope that the sinner will realize the Truth in Christ's message. Love.

All who attack the Catholic Church are pawns of the evil one that try to pull out the weak minded and unstable. For ALL who attack the Catholic Church have their roots in the Catholic Church and there is no way to get around the following verses.

Acts 30:30And from your own group, men will come forward perverting the truth to draw the disciples away after them.

2 Peter 3:15 And consider the patience of our Lord as salvation, as our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, also wrote to you,

16 speaking of these things as he does in all his letters. In them there are some things hard to understand that the ignorant and unstable distort to their own destruction, just as they do the other scriptures.

17 Therefore, beloved, since you are forewarned, be on your guard not to be led into the error of the unprincipled and to fall from your own stability.

I do say this because I care for the welfare of your soul and of everyone elses on this board.

If I didn't care, I would not do long posts. I would not bother.

Your church does not have answers to the real questions of Christ, find the one that does. And don't say that it does because you would be able to have proven the Catholic Church wrong if it did.

Catholics and protestants are not apples and oranges.... every protestant church is an offshot of the Catholic Church.

God Bless, Your Servant in Christ,

ironmonk

That's assuming that she hasn't been made culpable for her rejection of the Church's authority, which would render Robyn culpable for the mortal sins of heresy and schism.

Remember, the Church only regards as bretheren those Protestants who, THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN, do not posess the fulness of faith.

Let's not try to answer that.

Let's just pray for her.

We do not want to judge her.

ironmonk

Robyn,

What denomination did you say you belonged to?

Just in case I ever want to leave the Church Christ founded and join a denomination where everyone is perfect....

;)

Edited by Anna

The debate board is for debates, people who willing enter a debate board cannot cry victim.

This should be restated once again, and I totally agree.

IcePrincessKRS

My mamma always said, "If yu can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen...And if you can't take the Truth, stay outta the Catholic Church." Cuz that's where you find the Fullness of Truth, baby! :D

Something else to be stated....

Asking questions, is not attacking.

If a church cannot hold up to scrutizing, then that church is not the Church founded by Christ.

The Church that Christ built will be able to answer all questions... and the kicker, that is the sure sign... none of the answers will contradict.

Only the Catholic Church can answer all questions and attacks with answers that do not contradict. Only the Catholic Church has been around 2000 years. If you want to be in the Church written of in the Bible, spoken of by Jesus, founded on the Apostles and the Prophets, the Catholic Church is the answer.

No one can prove otherwise, and with everyone that tries they only prove the Church to be true because of the simple fact they have to keep changing the subject. Because the Catholic Church is right on all subject pertaining to faith and morals.

ironmonk

Robyn, I think you're lucky Ironmonk spoke to you much. I'm sure he's prayed for you more than he's spoken to you.

Please explain the two sets of rules?

Good-bye, I guess. :(