An Old School Catholic Message Board

PLEASE PRAY FOR MY FRIEND WHO JUST LOST HER DAD

franciscanheart

let_go_let_God

Bumping this is not worthless, I'm glad you did, this is the first time i've looked in this thread. Could a mod post this.

Definate prayers.

God bless you and your friend-
LGLG

franciscanheart

Lord please watch over Maggie as she goes through this difficult time. She still does not want to accept your love and comfort but I stand before you on her behalf. Please keep her in your loving embrace and be ever present in her life. Mary, our Mother, watch over and protect your daughter. She is in need of a mother's loving care.

Aw, carp.

I hadn't read this before. I have been where Maggie is. There's no good way to deal with it. Whatever you do, don't pressure her -- she'll deal with it in her own time. Gaaah. Having to handle funeral plans as a teenager is SO MISERABLE.

She'll have my prayers, for whatever they're worth.

[quote name='philothea' date='Apr 27 2005, 10:57 PM'] Aw, carp.

I hadn't read this before.  I have been where Maggie is.  There's no good way to deal with it.  Whatever you do, don't pressure her -- she'll deal with it in her own time.  Gaaah.  Having to handle funeral plans as a teenager is SO MISERABLE. 

She'll have my prayers, for whatever they're worth. [/quote]
I agree 100%, as I've been there too. She'll deal with it in her own way when she's ready; it may take years. Pressuring her could backfire; you don't want that to happen. As someone who has been there, I can tell you that what she needs is support in is:

1) Keeping her nose clean, as she cannot afford to get into any type of trouble, so good Catholic companionship is important for her; and

2) Getting on with her life so she can stand on her own two feet and living a normal life. I remember listening to protestant missionaries working in Sri Lanka after the tsunami and they said that professionals agreed that the best thing for children who lost their families is to give them some sense of normalcy in their lives so they put a high priority on getting them back into school.

One thing that is different about her situation is that she lost her dad suddenly, so she probably is in a state of shock (whereas I had time to prepare for my mom's passing from cancer).

She also will have nightmares about it I'm sure. I still have dreams that include my mom (and other family members) even after 20-25+ years.

If you need someone to bounce any questions or ideas off of, feel free to PM me.

And prayers go without saying.

franciscanheart

im almost tempted to make a thread with some really catchy title that has nothing to do with this at all but that is one of my biggest pet peaves.

please keep maggie in your prayers. she really really needs them.