An Old School Catholic Message Board

Corrupt campus minister

Craftygrl06

Craftygrl06

So I have ben having issues with our campus minister since I came to school 2 years ago. Last easter i did the RCIA program through them and when it came time for me to pick a sponser i was forbidden to have the one i picked. When i refused to take the sponser that was picked for me, the campus minister told me she couldn't confirm me through the Catholic Campus ministy...this was 2 weeks before easter...So my sponser was able to arrange for me to be confirmed in her church. Mind you my sponser is now in a religious order.
So now the campus minister has offended me again and this time through Facebook. We have a facebook club for CCM and I'm in it...or i was....I got kicked out because my friend (not me) posted some issues he has with them. Basically he told them everything they were doing wrong (using funny bread, etc. etc.); He was kicked off as well as my boyfriend and me. Even though i posted absolutely nothing. NOTHING, in fact I have made efforts to be nice to this woman, and this is what i get. Apparently the administer of the group told me that he got direct orders from the campus minister to kick all of us off. She went on to say that David's[my friend] comments brought people to tears...if they did they were over reacting. So i am faced with a dilemma: do i ignor it and do nothing or do i confront the campus minister. :blink: ugh i really hope that the new pope does something about these liberal academia sorts...i don't think i can take this much longer...

Edited by Craftygrl06

theculturewarrior

That kind of stuff ticks me off. I can definitely relate. It seems like that's everywhere.

It makes me want to write a letter to my bishop...even if it means just moving his reply on to the Vatican. Ah well. I just quit going.

Ash Wednesday

I remember our campus ministry having that funny bread, too. They don't anymore though. :mellow:

i_see_things_upside_down

[quote name='yomichael' date='May 3 2005, 09:32 PM'] Get proof, take to bishop, complain. [/quote]
That sounds like the best idea. I would go to someone above this fellow because it does not seem like he will listen to you.

franciscan13

whats with the funny bread? and i agree with going over this persons head. talk to who ever you need to higher up.

Ash Wednesday

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='May 3 2005, 09:23 PM'] what pray tell is funny bread? [/quote]
Weird, moist and too crumbly. Not wafers.

argent_paladin

Usually it has honey in it and yeast so it will rise. Sometimes it will have things like raisins.

Here's my campus ministry horror story:

I was asked to be on a panel at my alma mater for the weekly undergraduate fellowship group. I was a Dominican seminarian at the time, in my second year of philosophy. The panel was on the Church's teaching on contraception. I was then told that I was not allowed to speak (on orders of the main chaplain, also a Dominican) because I didn't have any theological training. First, it was wrong, I had taken fundamental moral theology and Catholic social teaching. Second, they always had speakers who didn't have academic credentials presenting. It's an informal undergrad fellowship group, not an academic seminar or conference. Then I was told that the whole event was canceled because the organizer was only using the Catechism and wasn't presenting Church teaching with the proper nuance, that is, she said that contraception is intrinsically immoral.

But God works His grace. Instead we had a couple who were using NFP give their personal testimony on why they used it. I went and learned a lot and it proved to be very popular and informative to the students.

As for your problem, I would email the person in charge (cc it to the rest of the staff) and tell them that you did nothing to merit being removed from the group and that that was not inclusive and you felt that it was not an example of tolerance and Christian charity. Use as many liberal buzzwords as possible. Say that you are sorry if they felt bad or took the criticism the wrong way (note, you aren't saying that it shouldn't have been done, or that it was untruthful). If that doesn't work, go to the next level. When you do, you will have evidence (the email) that you tried to be nice and work it out with them before you brought it to the next level. I will pray for you.

the true path is the narrow one that is hard and filled with thorns. You must walk it.

Turn the other cheeck. Bite your lip and be nice anyway.

Suffering is huge for the redemption of souls.

Ach, I feel like I could bite my lip so hard that it would bleed when I'm in Mass here at Fordham. They do all these stupid things.... I don't have the cojones to talk to the priest, though. I also should pray not to be distracted so much during the Mass.

But it just bites me really badly how they can butcher the Mass the way they do. For so long!

Edit: But there are good priests though.

Edit: Also, I should pray a prayer of thanks that we don't have funny bread, though the Paulists next door used it once and I almost flipped. What's the virtue about controlling your temper?

Edited by Antonius

thessalonian

I would just find another parish and pray for them. I believe before benedict is through there will be a schism in the Church. I do not wish for that but think that will be the result. By all means though write the bishop and be specific. Proof helps. Something out of the bulletin or off the website. Perhaps you can get an unconsecrated sample of the bread.

It took me three years to get the bishop to stop the General Absolutoins going on in our parish so expect that kind of time frame. You might have better success but my brother had similar results in his diocese trying to get two women who worked as nurses at an abotion clinic removed from playing the organ and being Eucharistic Minister and lector. I'm not kidding. He finally was successful.

Do write the letter though. That is your obligation. If they don't act it is on them.

Blessings

-I---Love

So is there a "real name" for the funny bread?

And are you telling me that they actually have it for consecration at Mass like w/ honey and/or raisins???

I am really curious about this!!!???