An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mozilla Firefox

the_rev

immaculata

I use Firefox for the majority of my browsing, but there are certain things that ONLY work on IE, i.e.- my online banking.. <_<

i dunno, it looks like u guys have had success w/ firefox, but not for me. i got it acouple weeks ago, but it was giving me trouble. sites i used to go to wouldnt display sometimes, some links wouldnt work, and some of the little details irk me. i dunno it hasnt really offered me anything great. i prefer IE right now, weven though foire fox is supposed to have better protection

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='Jazz4jesus' date='May 8 2005, 08:05 PM'] just wondering, can you hear music when visiting a site that has music? [/quote]
Only if you have the right plug-ins downloaded...

And I also use Mozilla and somehow IE has seemed to have disappeared off my desktop and start menu... strange...

On their start page you can get extensions and plug-ins(like java, quicktime, etc...) for firefox.

You can also right click any page that doesn't load properly w/ firefox, and right click "Open this page w/ IE" or "Always open this page w/ IE" although there are only a few that you'll have to do this for. ( I haven't had to do this yet.)

I use it and love it. It is like the old Netscape I use to use. When I got a new computer I had only IE, and I especially missed the tabbed browsing.

Then, I heard about mozilla firefox being better w/ security, so I didn't hesitate to get it.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='nikkan_hanil' date='May 8 2005, 09:31 PM'] Is it possible to run FF and IE at the same time? [/quote]
yup

franciscanheart

IE messed up my computer. i despise IE. not just because it messed up my computer but just because ive never liked it.

i use mozilla firefox

Dreamweaver

[quote name='nikkan_hanil' date='May 8 2005, 10:31 PM'] Is it possible to run FF and IE at the same time? [/quote]
Yep, I sometimes do that when a certain website isn't compatable with FF.

I use FF religiously, I especially loved the tabbed browsing and the google search bar (and rightclick: "google phrase"). The only snag I've really come across is that FF doesn't play videos. It'll direct me to a site to download an Apple plugin.

Anyone care to share any status bar things they use? I love FoxyForcast (weather for your local area) and a fun [url="http://henryearl.messedup.net/"]Henry Earl[/url] one (he's currently in jail).

I only use Firefox.
I also use the e-mail program, Thunderbird.

Less viruses and adware = good.

franciscanheart

all of that = very good. especially when your computer is headed for the pooper.

[quote name='Dreamweaver' date='May 8 2005, 11:39 PM'] Yep, I sometimes do that when a certain website isn't compatable with FF.

I use FF religiously, I especially loved the tabbed browsing and the google search bar (and rightclick: "google phrase"). The only snag I've really come across is that FF doesn't play videos. It'll direct me to a site to download an Apple plugin.

Anyone care to share any status bar things they use? I love FoxyForcast (weather for your local area) and a fun [url="http://henryearl.messedup.net/"]Henry Earl[/url] one (he's currently in jail). [/quote]
I just got Foxytunes for listening to music if i like while surfing an dquickly controlling the volume, track played, etc.. It adds abar tot he bottom of the page which is easy to access. I've used it only a few times.

I have thunderbird for mail, but I still have to set it up. :)

BTW, I still keep IE as others should do just in case you need it for some sites, and it causes problems if you delete it.