An Old School Catholic Message Board

the beginning of your vocation?

MC IMaGiNaZUN

daugher-of-Mary

I blame St. Therese and Our Lady. lol. Honestly, I didn't know what a "nun" was when I first felt called to that vocation...I wasn't even Catholic yet!

Smile_Jesus_loves_you

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Dec 14 2005, 08:22 PM']the Sisters that started or gave me the idea to seek a religious vocaiton was, the Sisters of St. Francis of the Marytr St. george, in Alton ILL!!!
[right][snapback]826014[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I'm looking into that order!

Mine were they Concercrated woman of regnum christi and the intercession of saint Clare, my patron, they hooked me and showed me loving christ was absolutly normal and tons of fun.

AlterDominicus

Lets see, too blame, not for my finger, hmm....A nun from Our Lady of the Rosary Monastery in Summit, New Jersey.

Sister Judith Miryam!!!!!! <<<<<^^^^^^^>>>>>VVVVVVVVVV

I read a book when I was about eleven or twelve about a Poor Clare nun. I can't remember her name, but I "blame" her - well, thank her! :D:

When I was converting to Catholicism, Sr. Clare was my mentor, initially simply to fill me in on stuff I'd missed from CCD classes. Later the Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity left our parish, but I saw Sr. Clare at a Sister-visit-get-together thing. She asked me if I was thinking about entering the convent. I was shocked, but I couldn't really get the thought out of my mind.

Eventually the thought fizzled out, but shortly after I got word from Sr. Clare again, inviting me to attend a discernment camp with the Sisters. So now the idea is back in my brain, and I don't think it's going to leave any time soon! :saint:

Ora et Labora

My sis and my family and the Poor Clares encouraged me personally. They inspired me to live like they do...and they seem so happy. And the fact that the Shrine is so beautiful to worship God in helps a lil'...lol

Where to begin?

I blame JPII too and also Bishop Gaydos, as well as many priests that I've had and espeacially Deacon John. Oh yeah and St. Francis!

TheOliverOrder88

[quote name='djc08' date='Dec 15 2005, 07:39 PM']Where to begin?

I blame JPII too and also Bishop Gaydos, as well as many priests that I've had and espeacially Deacon John.  Oh yeah and St. Francis!
[right][snapback]827443[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Bishop Gaydos!

I am friends with his nephew! :shock:

• 4 weeks later...
Laurentina1975

It all started Freshman year in high school, many thousands of years ago...ok fine...back in 1991. I was taught by this wonderful group of Franciscans and befriended one Sister, who has since been a positive part of my life for 16 years now. Never did I speak of my curiousity of religious life to her, I just watched from the sidelines, so to speak.

A couple years ago, I told her of my thoughts and she has been a great support. I have met a few communties, mostly Franciscan and have had good experiences and even one bad one. However, with out her (Sr. Patricia) being such a positive "role-model" in my life, I would have been so lost.

I was quite the trouble maker in high school, kinda like Trouble With Angels....and she wasn't suprised when I told her of my interest in religious life. She took me under her wings and has been such a great example spiritually.

What I appreciate most is her consistency in my life. She has never once told me she is too busy to listen, just a great example of a woman religious....I thank God for this wonderful friendship, I am blessed to have her help me on my journey.

:)

catholicflower

The priest who was in charge of the CYO when I was in High School was the beginning. He is so in love with God and showed it. After the Holy Hour on Friday nights he would take us (the high schoolers) out for ice cream or McDonalds. It would be great! Because of the treat of going out with friends I began to go to adoration and then go on my own. That marked the beginning of my love for Lord. (He also used to take us out for field trips, like to Balitmore or Philly, or Mount 2000) God bless him!

The Dominican novices in the Eastern Province of the friars. Year after year, these young men enter, so serious and earnest in giving their lives to God. Awesome. [url="http://www.op-stjoseph.org/Students/homepage.html"]Link.[/url]

Pray for me as I discern entering the [url="http://www.stjudemonastery.org"]Dominican Monastery of St. Jude[/url]! Praised be Jesus Christ, now and forever! And blessed be Mary, the Mother of all vocations.