An Old School Catholic Message Board

These are some unusual habits

OLAM Dad

I ran across this today on the Internet and couldn't resist sharing it with you guys.

[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/materdei/OLAM%20Entrance/coolbarstools.jpg[/img]

I don't think it's real because the habits underneath the scapular look like they're made of leotard material (you can tell on the one that doesn't have a scapular second from the end).

missionseeker

I was an extra for a movie and it was a scene reinacting the walking across the Edmund Pettis birdge in Selma, and they dressed a nun in a tight fitting top and a MINI SKIRT!

the really funny thing is that seh was smooching with priest.

(this is South Alabama, you know)

[quote name='missionseeker' date='Dec 29 2005, 02:02 AM']I was an extra for a movie and it was a scene reinacting the  walking across the Edmund Pettis birdge in Selma, and they dressed a nun in a tight fitting top and a MINI SKIRT!

the really funny thing is that seh was smooching with priest.
(this is South Alabama, you know)
[right][snapback]838407[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Are you speaking of the re-enactment of Bloody Sunday at Selma? I'd be interested in seeing how this terrible event during the civil rights movement was portrayed.

I grew up in the South and while the majority are protestant, South Alabama has a history of strong Spanish and French Catholic influence.

The Archdiocese of Mobile has the Cathedral of The Immaculate Conception which is said to be beautiful-- I never got the chance to visit it myself. Have you? Here's the website I just found [url="http://mobilecathedral.org/"]http://mobilecathedral.org/[/url] Check out the stained glass windows in particular.

I'm with you...a nun in a mini-skirt???

[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Dec 28 2005, 12:01 PM']I ran across this today on the Internet and couldn't resist sharing it with you guys.

[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/materdei/OLAM%20Entrance/coolbarstools.jpg[/img]
[right][snapback]837799[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

i forgot about that bar stool pic.....my aunt sent it to me when i was a senior in Hs and i showed it to my religoion teacher who burst out laughing!!!!!!! i love that pic!!!!!! :cool: if that was me in that pic.....i would need a :disguise: :disguise:

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Dec 28 2005, 07:40 PM']What really gets me is in that picture, one of the Sisters is sitting on her scapular... :(
[right][snapback]838126[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

two fo the are...but if you look closer one or to of them are wearing high heels!!!!!

[quote name='jgirl' date='Dec 29 2005, 12:01 AM']I don't think it's real because the habits underneath the scapular look like they're made of leotard material (you can tell on the one that doesn't have a scapular second from the end).
[right][snapback]838313[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

ther is no way the "sisters " in the pic can be real...you can just easily tell!!!!

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Dec 29 2005, 11:30 AM']two fo the are...but if you look closer one or to of them are wearing high heels!!!!!
[right][snapback]838740[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I think one is wearing Nike's.

[quote name='jgirl' date='Dec 29 2005, 05:51 PM']I think one is wearing Nike's.
[right][snapback]839141[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

lol, it does look like it, the 2nd "sister" on the right!