An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Want To Be Catholic!

Paladin D

My parents will see it as unnecessary. They won't really hate it, but they would think it's just not mandatory.

I'll just wait when I go to college at Full Sail (near Orlando), and join a RIAA program. :huh:

A lot of you *at times* may take your Catholicity for grandted (TYPO!!!), but you have no idea how I hunger to be Catholic, and join a parish!!!

For now, I'll just study up and play Star Wars PC games.

*Wields saber and runs around the house with a Vader helmet on*

Edited by Paladin D

you are Catholic.  it just hadn't been made official yet. wait.

But I would love to partake in the Sacraments. I have taken Eucharist before, but that was out of plain ignorance (this was when I was young).

I guess the priest thought I was a Catholic, considering how natural I was about it.

Chrysologus

I think that you should join an RCIA program as soon as possible. They usually start in the fall, though, so if you're going to school that will probably work out well, especially since parishes at campuses are geared towards students and inquiry into the Catholic Faith.

It's not uncommon for converts to experience hostility from Protestant friends and family. I have encountered some from some friends and extended family, and you should expect the same. I think that it's so amesome to see people like me come home to Rome, as they say. Just remember:

"Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and whoever does not take up his cross and follow after me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it."

- Matthew 10:37-39

"Blessed are you when they insult you and persecute you and utter every kind of evil against you [falsely] because of me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward will be great in heaven. Thus they persecuted the prophets who were before you."

- Matthew 5:11-12

"If the world hates you, realize that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, the world would love its own; but because you do not belong to the world, and I have chosen you out of the world, the world hates you. Remember the word I spoke to you, 'No slave is greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours. And they will do all these things to you on account of my name, because they do not know the one who sent me."

- John 15:18-21

IcePrincessKRS

A lot of you *at times* may take your Catholicity for grandted (TYPO!!!), but you have no idea how I hunger to be Catholic, and join a parish!!!

It's people like you that make me realize even more what incredible gifts we have in the Catholic Church, and make me appreciate it even more. You are in my prayers, and I hope that you can come into the fullness of the Church and Sacraments ASAP. Your desire to be Catholic and to experience the Sacraments is beautiful.

Thank you for your support. I can't attend a RIAA program, for the following reasons...

A) My parents would think it's unnecessary (they aren't Anti-Catholic mind you, but they disagree with certain things).

B) The nearest parish is 10 mins away, but I highly doubt they have an RIAA program. It's an extremely small parish. A decent sized Parish that will most likely have an RIAA program would be an hour drive. And also see reason "A)".

...we're used to hour drives, but yet again we rarely go to Raleigh nowadays. :rolleyes:

EDIT: My best bet would be to wait till college. Which is about 2 or 3 years away.

Edited by Paladin D

IcePrincessKRS

Just a quick note Paladin, its RCIA not RIAA. It stands for Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults. :rolleyes:

littleflower+JMJ

see? thats why he needs to go , he doesn't know about it....

B) check it out , you don't know, that little parish might surprise you...

*echo* DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *echo*

I got the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America) mixed with the RCIA. Sorry about that.

IcePrincessKRS

What if I mess up again? :ph34r:

Accidents/mistakes happen... I mean, if we weren't willing to forgive we'd be such hypocrites. Look at the Sacrament of Confession. God forgives us the same petty--and sometimes not so petty--faults time and time again. At the very least, even if you did make the RCIA/RIAA mistake again we'd still know what you were talkin' about. :P

You'll be in my prayers. Iron Monk and I live in Florida. He's in Sarasota and I'm near Tampa. We can get you the hook-up for a good parish and great RCIA near you by talking to our priests. Anything books or stuff you want to start learning?