An Old School Catholic Message Board

Late/older or disabled vocations

josefamaria

brandelynmarie

[quote name='Gemma' post='1013676' date='Jun 28 2006, 06:29 AM']
It's not Tyburn--that's in England. Tyringham is in Massachusetts.

[url="http://www.vistyr.org/"]Tyringham Visitation[/url]

Blessings,
Gemma
[/quote]

Whoops! My bad! I enjoy looking at so many communities that I sometime I get info mixed up! :topsy:

:blush: In His Light...that's a really good question...I always thought of it as relating to vocations of women who are older than 35 years old since 35 seems to be the cut-off age for many communitites...But I've seen communities where their cut-off age is 30...Any other thoughts about this? :blush:

[quote name='josefamaria' post='1018523' date='Jul 6 2006, 03:59 PM']
jkaands: you're right--the Benedictine's do accept disabled individuals but they have a strict cut off age limit of 45 I believe. I did send an e-mail to the Sisters of the Lamb of God but never heard a reply. I may have offended them since I point blank asked if they believed in any "new age", etc things that are going on in communities now.
[/quote]

You probably didn't offend them. They may have just lost your post.

Send them another email or snail mail them. A LETTER always gets people's attention! ^_^

When/if you visit, you can ask about 'new age'-- that phrase can be misinterpreted.

[quote name='brandelynmarie' post='1019074' date='Jul 7 2006, 07:06 AM']
Whoops! My bad! I enjoy looking at so many communities that I sometime I get info mixed up! :topsy:

:blush: In His Light...that's a really good question...I always thought of it as relating to vocations of women who are older than 35 years old since 35 seems to be the cut-off age for many communitites...But I've seen communities where their cut-off age is 30...Any other thoughts about this? :blush:
[/quote]

I think that you have to consider what age a community lists as its cut off as...its cut off!

BUT if the community says exceptions can be made OR if it doesn't list an age requirement AT ALL, then you (and it) are fair game!

See if there are pix of women in formation or recently professed--this can give you a clue!

Basically, I ^_^ wouldn't assume anything!

josefamaria

[quote name='jkaands' post='1019175' date='Jul 7 2006, 10:25 AM']
You probably didn't offend them. They may have just lost your post.

Send them another email or snail mail them. A LETTER always gets people's attention! ^_^

When/if you visit, you can ask about 'new age'-- that phrase can be misinterpreted.
I think that you have to consider what age a community lists as its cut off as...its cut off!

BUT if the community says exceptions can be made OR if it doesn't list an age requirement AT ALL, then you (and it) are fair game!

See if there are pix of women in formation or recently professed--this can give you a clue!

Basically, I ^_^ wouldn't assume anything!
[/quote]
jkaands: thank you for the encouragement and wisdom--you are probably very right that they may not have received the e-mail or being very busy could have deleted it in error. I will try contacting them again. God bless

• 3 years later...
sistersintigo

[quote name='passionheart' date='04 July 2006 - 06:53 PM' timestamp='1152053596' post='1017209']
Deborah,

Believe me, I am been there as well. Don't give up because if God is truly calling you there must be a place for you. I have shed a lot of bitter tears and I did give up hope but finally a door opened!!!

DonnaMarie
[/quote]
A happy ending is good in itself, but when it is a vocation story, maybe "ending" is the wrong word....
"DonnaMarie"/"passionheart" is now Sr. Veronica Mary of the Transfiguration OP. Her vocation story is here:
http://fundforvocations.org/stories/SrVM.buffalo
and the photograph shows Sister as a "white novice". Which dates the story/photo, because word is out that Sister has now professed vows....at the Buffalo, NY Dominican Monastery of the Perpetual Rosary.