An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Baptist Board

Jake Huether

Jake Huether

Can no Catholics get on?

It's like they personlly hand picked only two or three Catholics to dialogue with and now no one can get on.

I just got my denial letter, just like JasJis and Likos (and whowever else tried I'm sure).

Is this their way of covering their ears and eyes to the Truth? So that there are more of them to spread their anti Catholic lies than there are us to extiguish them.

So, Bro. Adam, can you give us the scoop on this poohp. Why are we banned? Maybe you can shoe us in with your whitty way of smoojing over the admin.

Or should we all get on incognito (sp?). We could sign in as Baptists and be Catholic "moles"! LOL.

Brother Adam

Naturally they don't want to be "overrun" and want to remain a primarily Baptist community.

The administrators also do their homework. They may have someone who frequently visits this forum and knows that your main purpose for signing up would be to try to get converts to your faith- which with lines "99.9% of all Catholics are going to hell" being the stance of some of the administration, isn't likely to be something they want.

You can know that those Catholics that were "grandfathered" in, are doing a very good job. I think that too many more Catholics would actually be a burden and turn people away from what they may have to say. Carson, Bill, Kathryn, and Ed all have a good handle on things.

Naturally they don't want to be "overrun"

...vermin that we are! <_<

Jake, I got rejected too. No biggie. Their loss.

And I don't think Br. Adam coulda gotten us in...he'd more likely get himself banned for defending our beliefs and telling his fellow Baptists that they're spreading lies about Catholic beliefs. As it is, they're beginning to get worried that he's being sucked into our satanic clutches.

(muah ha ha ha ha ha ha) lol_grin.gif

Pax Christi. <><

Is the Catechism copyrighted??

I was reading the 'Terms of Agreement' to register w/ the Baptist Board (not like I would get it!!) and I read this:

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by BaptistBoard.com. We will delete posts that contain copyrighted material not owned by you unless you have permission to post them there.

Does that mean you can't post copyrighted stuff even if you cite the original author??

Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Brother Adam

Within the legal bounds that the law or the publisher of the material gives you to post them such as a "short review" or "up to 1000 lines so long as it does not contain 50% or more of the book in which it was found"

Maybe we could invite them here?

I did e-mail the moderator for the Non-Baptist forum and invited him, but he never answered...

CatholicAndFanatical

I was reading the 'Terms of Agreement'

People actually read that thing? :P

hey whats the address to that board? That Former Catholics for Christ board got old so im trying to find somewhere else I can lay havik :ph34r:

peace,

CatholicAndFanatical

Brother Adam

www.baptistboard.com

I wouldn't try to do anything not nice though. They will stomp you into the ground. They are 5000+ strong.

ReformationNow

Personally, I don't understand why they don't allow Catholics on. I mean, I'd take any Catholic(near 'bout anyway) before that woman on there who denies the divinity of Christ.

Jake Huether

People actually read that thing?  :blink:

hey whats the address to that board? That Former Catholics for Christ board got old so im trying to find somewhere else I can lay havik  :ph34r:

peace,

CatholicAndFanatical

Whatever you do, when you log in, don't sign in as a Catholic. They seem to have stopped letting Catholics register there.

Just sign up as a Baptist - and then once you're on, "lay havik". :P

I'm not advocating lying or anything. But sheesh. If you want to get on - there's no other way.

Just sign up as a Baptist - and then once you're on, "lay havik".  ;)

Well, I tried to register as a Catholic...I haven't heard from them yet. I'm trying to do it the honest way. If that doesn't work, I'll just have to "bend the truth"

Edited, because I forgot this.

Yes, CatholicandFanatical sometimes I do read the Terms of Agreement. I was wondering if they were like trying to ban copyrighted stuff so we can't use the Catechism to prove them wrong.

Good luck to everyone who gets accepted onto the board...I can't wait to read what ya'll write!!!

Edited by nippy316

Can I bring up a thought provoking idea...This guys is a nut who doesnt understand our religion who said this..BUT at the same time can you see his point. Cahtolics out of ne religion are the ppl who are craddeled. Ya know like of course all of us are "true" catholics but think of all the catholics who dont use ne of the sacraments and just go to church as their chore....Ne thoughts on this and his viewpoint from seeing so many catholics do this.

My grandpa always says...take the number of catholics and divide it by half and that will give you the number of ROMAN catholics.

Jake Huether

My grandpa always says...take the number of catholics and divide it by half and that will give you the number of ROMAN catholics.

Try dividing by 10. ;)

It's totally true, yet totally unfortunate. The damage that these people are duing to the Church is imeasurable, and they don't even know it.

No wonder our Lord said he would vomit the "lukewarmers" out. Because it is the luke warm Catholics that cause the most scandle (and imho the most damage).

A Protestant can lie about the Church, but since he's a protestant it isn't from the horses mouth. A Catholic that (unintentionally) lies about the Church causes uthers to think that is actually what he has learned from the horses mouth!

Sad! ;)