An Old School Catholic Message Board

"Vision" Magazine

stuckinamo

Have you guys seen or heard of the "Vision" discerment guide magazine? I just got it at a vocations dinner at a retreat i was at last weekend. It was the first I had seen or heard of it!!

It has some pretty interesting articles, but I've noticed that a lot of the nuns who write some of the articles don't wear habits!! (THat always bothers me. :annoyed: Why do some not wear them!? It's a reminder to the world and themselves that God is REAL!)

Anywho, what do you all think of it!? Have you heard of it before? :)

fearundercontrol

Yeah, it does have some good articles in it sometimes. I like looking through it and finding the different communities that I know. :) And I always get excited every time I see an ad for a religious community of Sisters that wear their habits. :)

Sr Mary Catharine OP

[quote name='stuckinamo' post='1115967' date='Nov 9 2006, 11:46 AM']
Have you guys seen or heard of the "Vision" discerment guide magazine? I just got it at a vocations dinner at a retreat i was at last weekend. It was the first I had seen or heard of it!!

It has some pretty interesting articles, but I've noticed that a lot of the nuns who write some of the articles don't wear habits!! (THat always bothers me. :annoyed: Why do some not wear them!? It's a reminder to the world and themselves that God is REAL!)

[/quote]

I have an article in this issue....and I wear a traditional habit! :D:
Sr. Mary Catharine, OP

I believe it's the first "real" piece of discernment literature I ever got--that was back in high school when the internet wasn't really big, I was hiding my discernment from my parents, etc. It was so very helpful to me.

[quote name='Sr. Mary Catharine' post='1116032' date='Nov 9 2006, 02:05 PM']
I have an article in this issue....and I wear a traditional habit! :D:
Sr. Mary Catharine, OP
[/quote]

really!?!? which one!? i think it was one i just read! the 20-something enters monastic life!? i read that this morning during math class! :D: that's so cool! it was a really great article! it had a lot of great insight! thank you very much! :) hey - what was that stuff in the picture of you in the kitchen? coagulated milk or butter!? i tried for a long time to figure it out!

ps: it scared me a little bit! the part about how you are really energetic and stuff and you definitely didn't picture yourself being a contemplative! cos i'm crazy energetic, etc. and i cannot picture myself being contemplative! i feel this innate need and calling to serve others and to help fix things and help make better in the name of the Lord. Granted, if He calls me to contemplative, I'll follow...He knows what is best. But man. That must have been such a sacrifice for you!

okay i've just written a novel. sorry. but thank you, Sr. Mary Catherine!! :)

Edited by stuckinamo

[quote name='HeavenlyCalling' post='1116282' date='Nov 9 2006, 05:28 PM']
Is there a link somewhere?

Can I get me a link here?
[/quote]

yes, yes!!! a link would be good!! :)

[url="http://pdf.vocation-network.org/pp48-93-MediaReview-Priests-Sisters.pdf"]http://pdf.vocation-network.org/pp48-93-Me...sts-Sisters.pdf[/url]

it starts on pg. 15

it's really quite great!! reallllllllly small print though.... :annoyed:

HeavenlyCalling

Sister that was a wonderful article! Now I HAVE to read Amata means Beloved, I have been planning to for a while, but reading this just forces me to!

The whole magazine is cool, really. I'm glad I can read it online, though, I am still hiding my vocation from my siblings :huh: :P:

Sr Mary Catharine OP

Thank you all, for your kind comments. I'm glad you liked the article and that it didn't scare you! :)
Of course, I think reading AMATA is a good idea, too! :P:

God bless you all! Good night!
SMC

What a lovely article sister!!! I'm glad it can be read online but, I still think I want to look into subscribing to the magazine... it looks rather good.

• 2 months later...

I do not subscribe to vision magazine, but when I was first discerning, my priest gave me a copy of it and it had some good articles in it, and right now my computer is being fussy and won't let me down load this article by Sister Catharine :( I'll have to try to read it later, but might I ask, what is Amata Means Beloved?

God Bless You!

[quote name='HeavenlyCalling' post='1116367' date='Nov 9 2006, 07:43 PM']
Sister that was a wonderful article! Now I HAVE to read Amata means Beloved, I have been planning to for a while, but reading this just forces me to!

The whole magazine is cool, really. I'm glad I can read it online, though, I am still hiding my vocation from my siblings :huh: :P:
[/quote]

[quote name='stuckinamo' post='1115967' date='Nov 9 2006, 08:46 AM']

[/quote]
--

have read it 3 different times, sometimes some surprising articles, like Sisters, but in general? for all that work, and slickness. for me the whole idea.is.boooooo
thank God for Sisters writing to give it a boost...