An Old School Catholic Message Board

Your Thoughts?

vianney

When I was a high school senior, entering a seminary and serving God full time was definitely on my mind... When I was offered a partial golf scholarship to L.A.’s Loyola Marymount University, I decided to go, figuring that I would major in theology... By then I’d decided against the seminary, figuring I could apply my strong moral beliefs more effectively out side of the priesthood... At MTV, I’ve seen the power that fame brings and the mistakes I could easily make with it... Backstage at concerts, groupies have offered me drugs, and attractive girls have suggested sex. It would be so easy to throw your morals out the window in times like these. But I’ve found that if you live the way God wants you to, you’ll be rewarded ten fold... As a priest, I might have touched a few hundred people; at MTV, I have the potential to reach so many more. God’s put me here for a reason." -Teen People, 2/99

This was a quote by Carson Daly

Im sorry and I dont mean to be judgmental but has ne one watched MTV or TRL for that matter recently? ;)

ReformationNow

When I was a high school senior, entering a seminary and serving God full time was definitely on my mind... When I was offered a partial golf scholarship to L.A.’s Loyola Marymount University, I decided to go, figuring that I would major in theology... By then I’d decided against the seminary, figuring I could apply my strong moral beliefs more effectively out side of the priesthood... At MTV, I’ve seen the power that fame brings and the mistakes I could easily make with it... Backstage at concerts, groupies have offered me drugs, and attractive girls have suggested sex. It would be so easy to throw your morals out the window in times like these. But I’ve found that if you live the way God wants you to, you’ll be rewarded ten fold... As a priest, I might have touched a few hundred people; at MTV, I have the potential to reach so many more. God’s put me here for a reason." -Teen People, 2/99

This was a quote by Carson Daly

Im sorry and I dont mean to be judgmental but has ne one watched MTV or TRL for that matter recently?    :unsure:

ROFLMHO! You got it buddy. I've seen his show, and for the life of me, I didn't even know he was religious until I read that quote. It's a shame, that nowdays you don't really know if a person even believes in God based on their actions and day-to-day life.

hyperdulia again

He's Catholic. He's funny. He looks weird. He made fun of "Jesus playing baseball figurines" and of "Cheesey Virgin Mary" nightlights. I like 'im.

did you see the roast they did of him on MTV when they had a Adam Corolla get up dressed as a priest and start talking about very disguisting things? Cmon just cuz ya make fun of jesus figurines and cheezy virgin mary lights you like him?

I have no opinoin of his Catholicity, one way or another. He's not anywhere close to being a personal "Catholic" role model to me (and I pray to God, my kids).

let me be a little more specific. The episode I saw where Carson Daly was being "roasted" by his friends on air on prime time tv on MTV. There were girls stripping, a man dressed as a priest making fun of carson thinking about the seminary referring to carson as being his special lil friend hinted towrds sexual molastation and the priest was being very disrespectful and disguisting and all the while carson was sitting there laughing and enjoying it. TRL is full of smut and skanky clothed teens. Just thought I would give you the full picture.

If what certain articles in People and Teen People magazines said were true, Carson Daly lived with his then-fiancee, actress Tara Reid, outside of marriage! And yet, those same articles talked about how devout a Catholic he supposedly was, and one even quoted him as saying his religion was "everything to (him)." What's wrong with this picture?

hyperdulia again

belief in God and bad behavior can co-exist (not for too terribly lonng, but for a while). Louis XIV had children by a dozen women besides Quuen Marie-Therese, was he not Catholic?

Richard the Lion-Hearted slept with Phhilip Augustus of France was he not Catholic?

A certain Borgia pope had a half a dozen children, was he not Catholic?

Edited by hyperdulia again

Also, I saw a show about Christina Aguilera on E! and it stated that he had invited Christina to go to a strip club with him. Umm, if he's so Catholic, he wouldn't be doing those things. I don't think he knows what it means to be Catholic.

Vianney, I also saw the show where Carson was being "roasted." I was disgusted and turned it off before it was over.

Edited by Carrie

Hyper I know exactly what you are talking about I used to be a drugee until I had my conversion. So I know, but I definately wasnt making the comments he made in that article when I was leading such a crappy life. I am trying not to be judgmental but after reading that and seeing what I have seen with Carson I just wanted to puke cause it was so fake and misleading. Thats all. I know that one can lead a very sinful life and coexist with Gods Grace(for awhile :) )