An Old School Catholic Message Board

Best Professional Sport

Winchester

Which of these professional sports do you know is the best  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thomas Michael

Well, I'm actually from Galveston - born on the island and spent the first 20 years of my life there - but I did live in Houston for 2 1/2 years before my career path brought me to the DFW area.

I still prefer the Houston teams, though. As for hockey, of course, I pull for the Dallas Stars.

Still no votes for rugby or jai alai.

I guess too many years have passed since Miami Vice was cool.

littleflower+JMJ

well you should be happy for cat juggling, it got a whopping FOUR votes!!

and basketball is barely hanging in there *sniff sniff

That's cause pro basketball doesn't allow checking.

Oooh, you fouled me. Oooh, I'm a star, so the laws of dribbling don't apply to me....

It's worse than Baseball with that sissy designated hitter rule.

littleflower+JMJ

can guys in anyother sport jump from the free throw line over a 7'2'' guy (vince carter did!), up in the air, do a 360, go thru the legs and slam it in the basket 10 or 11 feet off the ground and almost break the glass??...i don't think so...

and can anyone in any other sport make a shot like the ballas do from downtown and Make it in the hoop?

i don't thinkso...it takes talent, it takes skill and it takes game.....thank you very much

dont' be a hater win!

BullnaChinaShop

That's cause pro basketball doesn't allow checking.

One of my problems with the NBA is they let the big guys beat and bang on each other down low but call sissy little touch fouls the farther you get from the basket. They should be more consistent on what is a foul or a traveling violation if it even still exists in the NBA.

Growing up in the state of KY I love college basketball especially the Kentucky Wildcats. The only college team that fills up a 20,000+ seat arena every game no matter who they are playing. You can't hardly get tickets to Rupp Arena. Its no wonder they have such a following on the road. If you want to see them its easier get ticket for one of their road games.

But I didn't vote for basketball because I think hockey is the most fun professional sport to watch. I think the Stanley Cup Playoffs are the most fun to watch of any sport followed closely by March Maddness but that isn't professional.

You know logos, my family used to play folf before it ever became popular simply because it was a cheap sport to play. So frisbee sports do also rock in my mind!

Ultimate frisbee did not make the list because frisbees are for the Devil.

Lilltleflower,

Long jumps do not make up for the obvious double standards in the nba. All the trick shots in the world mean nothing to me if it took traveling to accomplish. There are contests for freakshow shots.

gopherball33

baseball is the best sport on the face of the planet. i mean, it requires the fastest relexes of any sport, and if anyone wants to challenge me on that, BRING IT ON

TempleofVesarius

NFL....

I work is a sports store ok, I hear all sorts of stuff about this athelete and that athelete. heres my point of view

Its hard for me to watch any other sport, because it looks like harldy anyone is even trying. In football, if you dont try your absolute hardest your gonna end up with your face in the mud...plain and simple.

ANYONE who has ever played football will agree with that.

gopherball33

in baseball, if u dont try hard enuf, u can get a ball that is HARD drilling u, possibly breaking bones and definetaly busting teeth if it hits ur mouth.