An Old School Catholic Message Board

15 Cmri Sisters (traditionalists In Schism) Return To Rome!

Veritas

+

[url="http://insightscoop.typepad.com/2004/2007/06/schismatic-nuns.html"]http://insightscoop.typepad.com/2004/2007/...matic-nuns.html[/url]

They hope to found a new community in full communion with Rome. Yay!

Letter from their schismatic "bishop" precipitating the formal change:

[url="http://www.cmri.org/02-sisters-letter.html"]http://www.cmri.org/02-sisters-letter.html[/url]

As you can see, Satan is very unhappy about this and they are receiving a lot of pressure from their former "congregation" so pray for them! This is VERY good news!

Edited by Veritas

sweet!

I met some cmri sisters when I was in Omaha, but I didn't know they were in schism when I met them.

this is good news...

+

Former Séde Mother General Marie de Lourdes wrote:

May 27, 2007 Pentecost Sunday

My cherished Sisters and friends,

Praised be Jesus and Mary!

In resigning my office of Mother General, I wish to leave a few words of explanation. It is difficult to know what to say at a time like this. No matter what is said, there will be confusion, misunderstanding and hurt—and humanly speaking I wish I could prevent this pain. Since that is not within my power, and since God permits all things for our sanctification, I pray that He will accept this suffering and use it to His glory, and for the salvation of poor sinners.
It rends my heart to think of leaving my Sisters and my loved ones who have walked so many years with me in the common goal of seeking to live for Jesus. Please God, this common goal will continue to unite us in heart and soul even if there is physical distance. I will desperately need your prayers. You may be assured of mine.
First of all, I want to make it clear that my decision to resign from the position of Mother General is based on nothing personal against any individual. I love, honor and esteem each of you individually. This is not a statement of resistance or rebellion against the position of the Congregation.
I have no desire to embrace Modernism in any form, or to give up any of the rich
Catholic tradition we have all learned to treasure as Truth being handed down to us
within the Mystical Body of Christ. For testimony to the truth of any doctrine of Holy
Church, I would willingly give every last drop of my blood.
However, I cannot be certain in my own mind that BLEEP! is the one true explanation for the tumultuous events within the Catholic Church during our time. This inability on my part necessitates my abdication of my office of authority within the Congregation, in obedience to our Father General whom I respect.
When I accepted the Office of Mother General three years ago now, I was privileged to make a public profession of Faith before the community. I made that act with all my mind and heart and have never denied any article of our precious Catholic Faith, and please God, never will. It never occurred to me that I should dedicate my heart and soul and life to the service of BLEEP!. I have only intended, and still intend with God’s help, to dedicate my whole self to union with Jesus through the vows of religious life and the practice of Holy Slavery, as well as the promotion of the message of Our Lady of Fatima.
I have no need, no reason, no ability to declare a position either for or against BLEEP!—because I know that the Church alone can pass true and authoritative judgment. There are no circumstances of any kind that could possibly make me a magisterial authority, nor even a competent judge of the matter. There are no circumstances of any kind that would make my obligation any greater or any less than it is now: to live the Catholic faith, to remain faithful to my promises as His Spouse, and to die in His grace. I do understand that many Catholics feel the urge, in this time of crisis, to try and define the precise reasons for the crisis. I do not find this response, however, to be God’s call for me; in my case, the distraction and energy required by intellectual theological disputes only takes me away from deeper union with Our Lord.
It is with sadness of heart, yet with interior peace that I have prayerfully come to this decision. I ask that you do not judge me, but rather that you pray for me who count so much on the prayers of others. With all confidence, I place you each in the Immaculate Heart of Mary, our refuge and path to God.

With all my love and prayers in the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary,

Mother Marie de Lourdes

Interesting...

What does the bleep mean? Surely she's not swearing :shock: It's always great news when Christians return to the flock of the successor of St. Peter :)

I bet it comes from the AngelQueen site. It's an SSPX-related site, and they're very much against sedevacantism, so much so that they put "bleep" for words like "sedevacantist," "sedevacantism," etc.

Not everyday you get good news like this.

Hopefully, they are just the first of many.

Edited by MichaelF

[quote name='Maggie' post='1303337' date='Jun 27 2007, 02:32 PM']What does the bleep mean? Surely she's not swearing :shock: It's always great news when Christians return to the flock of the successor of St. Peter :)[/quote]

+

Actually, I took the bleeps to usually stand in for "Vatican II"...

goldenchild17

At least they will no longer be causing scandal in our churches. Interesting to read this version of the story though...

• 2 weeks later...
Chiquitunga

CNS News: [url="http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/0703883.htm"]Spokane Diocese welcomes formerly schismatic nuns back into church[/url]

[url="http://www.catholicnews.com/"]CNS homepage with photo[/url]

[quote name='Dave' post='1303369' date='Jun 27 2007, 03:00 PM']I bet it comes from the AngelQueen site. It's an SSPX-related site, and they're very much against sedevacantism, so much so that they put "bleep" for words like "sedevacantist," "sedevacantism," etc.[/quote]

What is a Sedevacantist? what is it's ism?

goldenchild17

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1316987' date='Jul 7 2007, 04:51 PM']What is a Sedevacantist? what is it's ism?[/quote]
It's a philosophy that varies by degrees. What we all agree on is that there currently is no pope and we are currently in an extra-ordinary period of interregnum.

HeavenlyCalling

Wonderful news!!! These woman truely do need our prayers as they make they're trip home, I can imagine it is going to be easy. I am glad that the local bishop and lay faithful have been so kind to them!!!