An Old School Catholic Message Board

Catholic Politicians

PedroX

As I read about the Vatican's proclamation (is that the right word?) on homosexual unions, I started thinking about Catholic politicians in general. For instance:

It was reported that Ted Kennedy was at the new Archbishop of Boston's instellation.

Senator Santorum being blasted for views on homosexuality.

The Federal Court nominee from Alabama.

etc.

One of the things that struck me is that most of the politicians who seem in line with Church teaching are Republicans. Other than the abortion issue, is there any reason for a Catholic to be aligned with one party over another. Please try to stay to Catholic reasons, not soley conservative economics.

peace...

hyperdulia again

I don't think there is. I am by nature a fairly liberal Democrat, but I am a registered Republican who will be voting GWSatan next time because he is Anti-abortion (can't quite bring myself to call him pro-life).

Edited by hyperdulia again

Well you just have to add up the views of both parties. I can be wrong but, personally...

The Republican party's stance does not inflict on the morals of the Catholic Church, as much as the Democratic party does.

Chrysologus

There are some Democrats who are pro-life. There's even a group called Democrats for Life. Some Catholics will vote for Democrats because of their emphasis on helping the poor and disadvantaged, being anti-war (sometimes), stopping big, evil corporations, and putting an end to the death penalty. No candidate, Democrat or Republican, is going to be perfect, unless Jesus decides to run.

Democrats in office use the poor.

Republicans have made a big turn around in the past 25 years. The true people's party is the Republican.

Republican: "I'll help you get on your feet, while we teach you to support yourself, God Bless."

Democrook: "I'll keep giving you money as long as you vote for me, I'll buy homeless cigarettes, I'll give teens and pre-teens condoms so that they don't have to 'worry' about getting pregnant; but if you get pregnant, we won't tell your parents and we can kill it for you, because it is your body and the baby is going to hurt you and God... who needs Him."

...just calling them like I see them.

God Bless, Love in Christ & Mary

ironmonk

gopherball33

u hit the nail on the head, i think ironmonk. it seems to me also that this country is better off with republicans in office. democrats will ruin this country eventually

hyperdulia again

*bits tongue*

*stomps foot*

Republicans are evil. They are completely in the pocket of big businesss. Democrats kill babies.

We need to move to France and raclaim it for the Church and the House of Bourbon (Vive le Maison Royale!).

*bits tongue*

*stomps foot*

Republicans are evil.  They are completely in the pocket of big businesss.  Democrats kill babies.

We need to move to France and raclaim it for the Church and the House of Bourbon (Vive le Maison Royale!).

*puts hyper in headlock and nuggies him*

They are not in the pockets brother...

Big businesses provide jobs... give the big buisnesses a little leaway and they create jobs. It's a win win situation. Laws are made as needed.

on a side note:

The democrooks are fillabustering another nominee... bastages'.

God Bless, Love in Christ & Mary

ironmonk

Republicans are so bought off it's unbelievable. Yeah, corporations create jobs, but they do their damnedest to pay unjustly except to scumbag executives who cannot possibly earn their keep.

Death to laissez-faire!

Democrats are also bought off, and do little, if anything for the poor or minorities except reinforcing an overblown victim attitude. The asnwer is always throw more money at it and lie about the results. These are the idiots who come up with things like social promotion and the erroneous idea that Hillary Clinton has anything worth putting in a book. With all the philosophical capacity of a wombat, they careen between simpering sensitivity and sanctimonious intolerance, whamming mercilessly into straw men and false statistics along the way. The morons of the universe, without the courage to show their evil faces, democrats appeal mostly to those with some vague sense of guilt over having an opinion in conflict with the likes of MTV.

I vote republican, typically. I'm in a union, but anything I get from democrats, they take away in taxation. Of course, they're too busy runnning off to actually go about the business of legisltaing...

we should start our own political party in which all plans and politics are ALWAYS in line with the Catholic Churches teaching, hey im sure we would get a lot of votes...