An Old School Catholic Message Board

$10 Challenge

Brother Adam

Brother Adam

I'm making an offer to anyone who would like to take it.

Anyone who can show that any Catholic doctrine that is an official teaching is expressly heretical and anti-biblical I will send a check for $10 to a charity of your choice.

I'm going to work out just what that proof would entail and will get back to ya'll. Start thinkin' though. I'd offer more, but I'm poor.

dairygirl4u2c

who can show that any Catholic doctrine that is an official teaching is expressly heretical and anti-biblical

You can make the bible say anything you want.

I encourage you to read my "early church" post and dispute that. And I counter your 10 dollar claim.

God Conquers

haha, Bro, you're up against Ironmonk's $1000 challenge for the same thing!

If someone does this they now get $1000 and $10 to charity!

Good luck!

dairygirl4u2c

Where is Ironmonk's?

I bet we'll just agree to disagree, but I can at least give it a shot! :lol:

I'm making an offer to anyone who would like to take it.

Anyone who can show that any Catholic doctrine that is an official teaching is expressly heretical and anti-biblical I will send a check for $10 to a charity of your choice.

I'm going to work out just what that proof would entail and will get back to ya'll. Start thinkin' though. I'd offer more, but I'm poor.

Good Luck... I've had a similar on various parts of the web for about two or three years now...

Not to many takers....

Once I even offered a board $1500 plus my truck.

Here it is on a Baptist Board:

http://www.baptistboard.net/board/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=32

;)

God Bless, Your Servant in Christ,

ironmonk

IcePrincessKRS

Mother of pearl.... HAHA Good LUCK!!! I guess you guys will always be secure in the fact that you'll get to keep your money (and truck). :D

phatcatholic

::no idea why this matters::

well to a person who is in the process of discerning whether or not Catholicism is Truth--and i'm assuming that Bro Adam is such a person--then someone actually proving that a Catholic doctrine is anti-biblical is VERY important.

You can make the bible say anything you want.

I encourage you to read my "early church" post and dispute that. And I counter your 10 dollar claim.

Youve never used scripture in any post. So you shouldnt even post on this. He asked a simple question, if you cant you cant. HERES YOUR CHANCE TO TELL WHAT YOU THINK IS UNBIBLICAL IN YOUR OWN WORDS.just source it.

littleflower+JMJ

::no idea why this matters::

there are peeps here who say the catholic church is not scriptural.

well bro. adam is telling them to step up to the plate and try a round.

if they really think it is, they should come up and prove it.

its one thing to say it :rolleyes: another to prove it -_-

99.9% of the times when they say this, they just do not know the cahtolic faith and were mistaken :shame:

cmotherofpirl

Mother of pearl.... HAHA Good LUCK!!! I guess you guys will always be secure in the fact that you'll get to keep your money (and truck). :D

Now what did I do? :unsure: :D

Brother Adam

I'll get back to you guys this afternoon with "official" rules, but it sounds like Ironmonk has already one-uped me. :)

Gotta go do laundry......

Brother Adam

To win the ten (10) dollars:

1. Present briefly the accurate teaching of the Catholic Church on a specific doctrine. This must be the official teaching, in its correct context and intent, of which all faithful Catholics are expected to hold to as a belief.

2. Present briefly the doctrine in the terms you believe to be correct.

3. Present your case as to why you are correct, and the Catholic doctrine in question is heretical and anti-biblical. This means the doctrine must be expressly against sound biblical teaching and must be clearly seen in the Bible with the intent it was written.

I have an open mind, and ten dollars to spare to the first person that can do this. I would really like to see someone accomplish this, at this point, I think its possible it can be done.

phatcatholic

I would really like to see someone accomplish this, at this point, I think its possible it can be done.

we shall see....

btw, if someone posts something, are we allowed to counter their arguments?