An Old School Catholic Message Board

Soldiers Voting With Their $

kenrockthefirst

MakeYouThink

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1631212' date='Aug 18 2008, 08:37 PM']And the Titanic was supposed to be indestructible. Just sayin...[/quote]

Do you believe that people are reactionary enough to throw they're money away or not?

This is good news for the soldiers. This means the democrats will probably not reject the military vote when they are mailed in like they have in previous presidential elections. When the votes seem in their favor, the voting process is going just ducky. When the votes are not, SCANDAL! CORRUPTION! :rolleyes:

MakeYouThink

[quote name='kamiller42' post='1631369' date='Aug 19 2008, 12:12 AM']This is good news for the soldiers. This means the democrats will probably not reject the military vote when they are mailed in like they have in previous presidential elections. When the votes seem in their favor, the voting process is going just ducky. When the votes are not, SCANDAL! CORRUPTION! :rolleyes:[/quote]

I don't trust the American Voting system anymore. It's all electronic, so nobody will ever, ever, ever, see a paper trail showing who really won.

Who ever controls those machines decides who gets put into government. I am afraid it will be Obama, because his ideas seem more intune with a toltalitarian dictatorship to clamp down on our freedoms more, while encouraging more abortions, and the homosexual agenda.

The guy is a creep, and this is definitely one step closer to the spiritual fire that will erupt soon!

[quote name='MakeYouThink' post='1630957' date='Aug 18 2008, 07:11 PM']You guys are stupid enough to believe 9/11 was performed by a bunch of Arabic Terrorists, and therefore, many of you have gone to war for an illegal government who has killed its own people to launch a war.[/quote][size=5]
So how does it feel to know that someones kid in the heart of america
Has [color="#FF0000"]blood on their hands, fighting to defend your rights[/color]
So you can maintain the lifestyle that insults this family's existance[/size]

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1630824' date='Aug 18 2008, 05:47 PM']That's really surprising. The military is usually predominantly republican. The only two reasons I can think of is that the military is also a larger percentage minority than the general public, so it could be some of that, or maybe the feeling is that Obama will get us out of Iraq quicker. I guess I'm kind of surprised that military people have the extra money to donate to any political party.[/quote]
Right. Of course, that's the point. The soldiers aren't idiots. When they see one candidate who promises to continue a war based on shoddy premises and with unclear objectives for 100 years, and another who promises to withdraw them within a couple of years, well, as noted they're voting with the dollars.

The larger point is that people are done with Bush and his disastrous policies. All McSame offers is more of the same tired, failed policies, and people are going to kick him to the curb.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='kenrockthefirst' post='1631483' date='Aug 19 2008, 08:48 AM']Right. Of course, that's the point. The soldiers aren't idiots. When they see one candidate who promises to continue a war based on shoddy premises and with unclear objectives for 100 years, and another who promises to withdraw them within a couple of years, well, as noted they're voting with the dollars.

The larger point is that people are done with Bush and his disastrous policies. All McSame offers is more of the same tired, failed policies, and people are going to kick him to the curb.[/quote]

Most of us have already established that McCain is nothing to get excited over. It's the fact that many of these same people act like Obama is something to brag about, or that he's a grand alternative to McCain, is what's really creepy. Sure, go ahead and talk smack about McCain. I won't disagree. But don't act like Omaba is a great catch either.

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1631487' date='Aug 19 2008, 08:59 AM']Most of us have already established that McCain is nothing to get excited over. It's the fact that many of these same people act like Obama is something to brag about, or that he's a grand alternative to McCain, is what's really creepy. Sure, go ahead and talk smack about McCain. I won't disagree. But don't act like Omaba is a great catch either.[/quote]
For the record, I don't support Obama. I just found it interesting that soldiers are putting their money where their respective mouths are by donating in greater numbers to Obama, despite the fact that McSame is ostensibly the "military guy" and the "foreign policy experience guy." Basically, the alternatives are between a continuation of Bush's disastrous policies and the unknown. As I've posited before, if we simply left things to chance we'd be better off than we are now.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='kenrockthefirst' post='1631505' date='Aug 19 2008, 09:11 AM']As I've posited before, if we simply left things to chance we'd be better off than we are now.[/quote]

No, we wouldn't. There is simply no indication whatsoever that whatever is coming in 2009 is going to be better than what we have now. However, given the information we have on Obama (and McCain, to some lesser degree) there is PLENTY of indicators that point to things getting a whole lot worse.

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1631638' date='Aug 19 2008, 11:51 AM']No, we wouldn't. There is simply no indication whatsoever that whatever is coming in 2009 is going to be better than what we have now. However, given the information we have on Obama (and McCain, to some lesser degree) there is PLENTY of indicators that point to things getting a whole lot worse.[/quote]
We'll have to agree to differ. Bush has been a train wreck. McSame promises only more of the same. Count me out.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='kenrockthefirst' post='1631706' date='Aug 19 2008, 12:49 PM']We'll have to agree to differ. Bush has been a train wreck. McSame promises only more of the same. Count me out.[/quote]

No one is saying McCain is a good option. I'm saying there is no indication that Obama is a BETTER option.

I wonder if you can understand the difference.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1630824' date='Aug 18 2008, 05:47 PM']That's really surprising. The military is usually predominantly republican. The only two reasons I can think of is that the military is also a larger percentage minority than the general public, so it could be some of that, or maybe the feeling is that Obama will get us out of Iraq quicker. I guess I'm kind of surprised that military people have the extra money to donate to any political party.[/quote]

Not really, I remember reading in ArmyTimes back in 2004 that the Military was like 56% Pro Bush, not exactly overwhelming support.

You said you were an army brat, I don't know about the Army, but in the Corps you can get in big trouble for criticising a superior in certain circumstances.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1632056' date='Aug 19 2008, 07:01 PM']Not really, I remember reading in ArmyTimes back in 2004 that the Military was like 56% Pro Bush, not exactly overwhelming support.

You said you were an army brat, I don't know about the Army, but in the Corps you can get in big trouble for criticising a superior in certain circumstances.[/quote]

I remember reading that same article, but in the Navy Times edition. I based what I said on the % of military absentee ballots that voted Republican in Florida in the last two elections. I think it could be that more of the Republicans actually voted. That could be because more of them were from the officer ranks, don't know.

In the Army, used to be that you weren't even supposed to talk about politics. You're not allowed to wear political pins obviously, but you can't have campaign stuff showing on base housing. You're not allowed to run for office, and they used to be very particular about doing any campaigning. My dad once told me that they didn't want soldiers involved in politics because they understood too well what happens when bad decisions get made because soldiers are the ones in the mud usually because of it.

And criticizing a superior is a no-no in all the services except in the prescribed manner through appropriate channels. Even then, don't expect to get promoted anytime soon.

princessgianna

[quote name='MakeYouThink' post='1631411' date='Aug 19 2008, 02:36 AM']I don't trust the American Voting system anymore. It's all electronic, so nobody will ever, ever, ever, see a paper trail showing who really won.

Who ever controls those machines decides who gets put into government. I am afraid it will be Obama, because his ideas seem more intune with a toltalitarian dictatorship to clamp down on our freedoms more, while encouraging more abortions, and the homosexual agenda.

The guy is a creep, and this is definitely one step closer to the spiritual fire that will erupt soon![/quote]

Yea I sometimes wonder.....how long till the corruption in America just explodes and i find myself in the street being shot in front of my family cause we are Catholic and proud of it! Oh well then we all would band together and become the CATHOLIC NINJA"S that would be cool! :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :pope: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

IT is all in God's hands! :rolleyes:
Pax~