An Old School Catholic Message Board

Matt Maher On Ewtn

Seven77

he's very humble and unassuming. got to see him live once.

i didn't know he was signed on Sony's label!

[quote name='jmjtina' post='1654764' date='Sep 13 2008, 02:19 PM']they might even have it on youtube later.

Matt Maher is just one of the best people I have ever met. He's a rock star.

a very cool humble rock star![/quote]

He and his band are pretty hilarious, too. My brother and I watched all of the videos on his YouTube channel the other night.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/mattmahermusic"]http://www.youtube.com/user/mattmahermusic[/url]

[quote name='melporcristo' post='1655188' date='Sep 14 2008, 04:16 AM']did you like matt??

he so swell. what a guy. :rolleyes:[/quote]

Swell? :hehe:

Actually, they play Matt on KLOVE, a nationwide Protestant radio station--that's where Phil's mom heard about him. It was a good opportunity for her to see Catholics living the Faith, so to speak. ^_^

[quote name='MissyP89' post='1655509' date='Sep 14 2008, 05:39 PM']Swell? :hehe:

Actually, they play Matt on KLOVE, a nationwide Protestant radio station--that's where Phil's mom heard about him. It was a good opportunity for her to see Catholics living the Faith, so to speak. ^_^[/quote]

JMJ

yea ... i just wanted to sound 50's-ish.
WHATTT they play Matt on Klove now?!?!? no wayyyy what song(s)???

I wanna hear Matt on Effect Radio or Air 1 now ... hmm ... *plots some way to get them to play matt now*

Just Your Grace is Enough, but I almost fell out of my seat when I first heard it!!! They must not know he's Catholic. :mellow:

Actually, I'm surprised how many people attribute the song to Chris Tomlin, who just did a cover...

[quote name='MissyP89' post='1655640' date='Sep 14 2008, 08:51 PM']Just Your Grace is Enough, but I almost fell out of my seat when I first heard it!!! They must not know he's Catholic. :mellow:

Actually, I'm surprised how many people attribute the song to Chris Tomlin, who just did a cover...[/quote]
JMJ

Yea on iTunes there was like a Chris Tomlin debate VS Matt -- it was crazy. Matt went on and just said look you all - Chris is awesome so don't hate.

Watching the EWTN encore! Sooo goooood!!!

[quote name='MissyP89' post='1655640' date='Sep 14 2008, 10:51 PM']Just Your Grace is Enough, but I almost fell out of my seat when I first heard it!!! They must not know he's Catholic. :mellow:

Actually, I'm surprised how many people attribute the song to Chris Tomlin, who just did a cover...[/quote]
That's a pretty common thing with Praise & Worship songs, since so many are performed by someone other than who wrote them. For instance, Tree63 made "Blessed Be Your Name" very popular, but how many people know it was actually written by Matt Redman?

Edited by Excelsior1027

[quote name='MissyP89' post='1655640' date='Sep 15 2008, 11:51 AM']Just Your Grace is Enough, but I almost fell out of my seat when I first heard it!!! They must not know he's Catholic. :mellow:

Actually, I'm surprised how many people attribute the song to Chris Tomlin, who just did a cover...[/quote]Yeah, but then Matt Maher did a cover of Chris Tomlin's cover... :wacko:

[quote name='DemonSlayer' post='1656582' date='Sep 16 2008, 02:44 AM']Yeah, but then Matt Maher did a cover of Chris Tomlin's cover... :wacko:[/quote]

As Matt would say, its all about God - not about us.

Hey - the Life on the Rock show went so well. I loved how he played the set acoustic. I just wanted him to play the whole time instead of talk. Great stuff.