An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mccain Vs. Obama: Is There A Difference?

KnightofChrist

littleflower+JMJ

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1665042' date='Sep 27 2008, 12:51 PM']well i mean you're more than welcome to say how i was oversimplifying.
that you clarified that i was oversimplifying is apprechiated though, thanks.

"One argument against vouchers is that, given the limited budget for schools, a voucher system [b][u]weakens public schools[/u][/b] while at the same time [b][u]not necessarily[/u][/b] [b][u]providing enough money[/u][/b] for people to attend private schools."

on the voucher issue, that's what it comes down to. kids will [b][u]fall through the cracks[/u][/b] if it's not done right. [b][u]traveling concerns[/u][/b] etc etc. [u][b]it's not rocket science to see that.[/b][/u] the free market is not the solution to everything.[/quote]

:hehe:

[quote name='littleflower+JMJ' post='1665096' date='Sep 27 2008, 01:21 PM']:hehe:[/quote]

how is that funny? the quoted sentence states the position of those against vouchers. you just highlighted it and didn't respond to it.

i suppose i didn't clarify traveling issues. travling issues was referring to the idea that kids can't get to the school they'd need to go to, to get away from the failing public school they're at. etc. if i have to explain it, means you don't understand this issue very well.

your lack of a rational response is very telling.

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1665047' date='Sep 27 2008, 12:54 PM']Factual data, do not see any from you. Also, very hard to understand most of anything you say anyway...[/quote]

like the cite you gave was factually based? it was a bunch of assertions. a website isn't authoritative just because it exists.

that i'd have to cite my sources on this anyway, goes to show you don't understand the issues very well.

i write sloppy sometimes, butyour pointing it out's mostly just an excuse not to address the issues. you've clearly been shown to be wrong in your initial premise that they're oh so different.

gun rights with reasonable regulations. mccain.
[quote]* Calls for GOP "tolerance" of closing gun show loopholes. (May 2002)
* Ban cheap guns; require safety locks; for gun show checks. (Aug 1999)
* Supports ban on certain assault weapons. (Aug 1999)[/quote]

gun rights with reasonable regulations. obama.
[quote]# Ok for states & cities to determine local gun laws. (Apr 2008)
# Provide some common-sense enforcement on gun licensing. (Jan 2008)[/quote]

gay marriage, the same:

obama:
# Decisions about marriage should be left to the states. (Oct 2007)
# Marriage not a human right; non-discrimination is. (Oct 2004)
"Personally, I do believe that marriage is between a man and a woman."

mccain: Leave gay marriage to the states. (Jan 2007)

your evasive response is very telling

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

obama
[quote]Q: Name an issue where you've been willing to stand up against your party.

A: We had a roundtable about what we need to do with the schools. I've consistently said, we need to support charter schools. I think it is important to experiment, by looking at how we can reward excellence in the classroom.[/quote]

mccain just says vouchers. he doesn't qualify it. no nuance. free market without addressing the pitfalls of that approach. it's naive.
mccain: Good teachers should earn more than bad lawyers. (Oct 1999)

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

mccain: Give individuals $2500 refundable tax credits for healthcare. (Oct 2007) (5000 for family look into it)

that he doens't want to reduce spending.
[quote]QUOTE
List of budgetary spending priorities

* McCain would “maintain status” on spending for:AIDS programs
* Environmental programs
* Foreign aid
* Housing projects
* Job training programs
* Medicaid & Medicare
* Student loan programs

* McCain would “slightly increase” spending for:Education (K-12)
* Law enforcement
* Military & Veterans Benefits
* Border Control

* McCain would “slightly decrease” spending for: NASA
* Welfare

* McCain would eliminate spending for:Arts funding[/quote]

the greenspan quotes
[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=84810"]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=84810[/url]

everything i said, was based on somehting i knew factually was the case from a factual situation it was said.
the link you cited was pathetic.
you just ocntent yourself with over simplifications, so that you can vote for mccain as if he stands for waht you do. if it makes you feel better, tell yourself whatever you want. just don't act like you really know anything about it when you cite propaganda like that.

your evasion is telling.

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

KnightofChrist

We're really making more of a page that was actually meant to be simplistic.

But, the point of this thread is the fundametnal differences bewteen McCain and Obama.

There are fundamental differences bewteen the two when it comes to

The Right to Life
The Economy
Foreign Affairs
Gun Rights
America's place in the World

McCain is closer to my views on these topics that Obama. I really wish I could debate you but half the time I have no idea what your saying, so it is impossible to respond. And you to often run at the mouth, and go all over the place like you accuse Palin of... but whatever.

Edited by KnightofChrist

littleflower+JMJ

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1665120' date='Sep 27 2008, 02:04 PM']how is that funny? the quoted sentence states the position of those against vouchers. you just highlighted it and didn't respond to it.

i suppose i didn't clarify traveling issues. travling issues was referring to the idea that kids can't get to the school they'd need to go to, to get away from the failing public school they're at. etc. if i have to explain it, means you don't understand this issue very well.

your lack of a rational response is very telling.[/quote]

:unsure: Sorry, you'll have to forgive me on my short response.

I'm pretty busy this weekend...writing [i]lesson plans[/i]. ;)