An Old School Catholic Message Board

Forbidden Foods

Balthazor

[quote name='Balthazor' post='1664269' date='Sep 26 2008, 03:19 PM']Ok I know that Jews and Muslims don't eat pork.
And Catholics don't eat meat on Fridays.

But what about the followers of the Flying Spaghetti Monster? Are Pastafarians forbidden from eating pasta, especially spaghetti and meatballs? OR would this be a sacred food of which ingestion is encouraged?
:unsure:[/quote]

I am a vegan so I don't eat meat, dairy, eggs or honey. But lets you think I'm a health nut, I am all about candy-sour patch kids are vegan and one of my faves! I eat cupcakes as often as possible and make them at any minor opportunity for celebration b/c they are so darn fun!

As far as other religions, I know traditional Buddhist monastic diet is vegan as well but I think that it is only followed my monks. I belive "lay" Buddhists follow a vegetarian diet but not sure if it's vegan. The Hindu religion prohibits the killing of the cow. I think some non denominational Christian religions follow the precepts of Kosher from the Old Testament. -Katie

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1664668' date='Sep 26 2008, 09:29 PM']you don't eat honey? Even jesus let moses eat honey.[/quote]

Honey is a animal product so vegans do not eat honey :)

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1664392' date='Sep 26 2008, 04:56 PM']+J.M.J.+
i cannot eat eggs. :mellow: but that's not a religion thing.[/quote]

same.

Also, tinkerlina, what do you use, fake eggs?

icelandic_iceskater

[quote name='Domine ut Videam' post='1664503' date='Sep 26 2008, 06:45 PM']by choice, most meat.[/quote]same. I cant stand the look of the stuff raw. the blood... ewwww.

also anything rum is nasty. and eggs. Chick peas. anything spicy. raw veggies. salad. fake meat. butter beans. black beans...

I tend to be a pretty picky eater.

As a diabetic I really have to be careful what I eat. I try and avoid complex carbs, try to eat whole natural foods as much as possible. Part time vegetarian, have occasional meat and eggs. Prefer soy milk(nonfat to boot!). Count calories and count carbs each day. Love shell fish, crabs, clams and shrimp.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1664426' date='Sep 26 2008, 10:28 PM']I HATE EGGS!!!

I wish I couldn't eat them[/quote]
My husband doesn't like eggs. And I don't like chicken.

[quote name='icelandic_iceskater' post='1664800' date='Sep 27 2008, 04:49 AM']same. I cant stand the look of the stuff raw. the blood... ewwww.[/quote]
:drool: Steak is best when medium-rare, and still bloody. And stuffed with portobello mushrooms. :drool:

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Balthazor' post='1664902' date='Sep 27 2008, 01:46 PM']I like my steak bloody too. I also like steak tartar, carpaccio, and sushi.

mmmm.... raw meat[/quote]
:drool:

[quote name='picchick' post='1664762' date='Sep 26 2008, 10:49 PM']Honey is a animal product so vegans do not eat honey :)[/quote][url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegetarian"]Vegetarianism [/url] and [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegan"]veganism [/url] are two different matters. I have recently in my life a certain respect for people who take vegetarianism seriously, though I have still my reservations about veganism. I love animals and they shouldn’t be mistreated, though I admit I love to eat them. Which on the surface it seems like a contradiction to me, maybe it is?

Edited by Mr.CatholicCat

Groo the Wanderer

I am forbidden by my gag reflex from eating raw meat of any type. I also refuse to drink anything mistakenly called 'beer' if I can see through it.

However, I am compelled to ingest large quantities of pizza whenever possible.

I am also not adverse to personally killing what I eat.

As for the beer. I am with you on that Groo. I love Hoegaarden and Erdinger the best!

Edited by Balthazor