An Old School Catholic Message Board

October 7th A Day We All Are Doomed,...for Four Months!

jckinsman

My husband calls this morning and says all the guys at work are pulling money out of the bank for the next four months! Something about "web-bot"??? They say it will be worse then 9/11! I told my husband to tell them fear is from satan himself! Has any one heard of any of this?..... and what it is about? I don't get a bunch of people running around freaking out,pulling there money out of the bank! Doesn't panic make "it" worse? Whatever "it" is?????? am I just behind the times? JC ............. by the way I need some answers before the 7th :rolleyes:

Edited by jckinsman

Ash Wednesday

What?

Never heard of it. I actually haven't heard of many people making runs at their banks. People told us that we were doomed at Y2K, too.

Edited by Ash Wednesday

Ash Wednesday

Speaking of Y2K.... you know, this decade has kind of blown chunks. 9/11, a bunch of wars, this economic garbage.... I won't miss this when it's over.

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1669282' date='Oct 3 2008, 01:20 PM']What?

Never heard of it. I actually haven't heard of many people making runs at their banks. People told us that we were doomed at Y2K, too.[/quote]
I know I do not get it! I'm very cautious when it comes to "gordon micheal scallion" stuff. I think people do not think well in panic mode. I think future predictions are to be taken with a grain of salt! God can change outcomes through prayer! That I know, is the only prediction I want to make! What your thoughts?

Ash Wednesday

[quote name='jckinsman' post='1669286' date='Oct 3 2008, 02:26 PM']I know I do not get it! I'm very cautious when it comes to "gordon micheal scallion" stuff. I think people do not think well in panic mode. I think future predictions are to be taken with a grain of salt! God can change outcomes through prayer! That I know, is the only prediction I want to make! What your thoughts?[/quote]

I'm a firm believer in sitting tight and not panicking. Not to say that I advocate the ways of the dumb, unprepared fiddling grasshopper that laughs at the working ants -- but panic never helps in economic situations. Or any situation. :smokey:

Ash Wednesday

[quote name='filiusInFilio' post='1669289' date='Oct 3 2008, 02:33 PM']i don't have much in my account anyways[/quote]

Seriously -- what stock I had was worth about a dozen doughnuts in the first place. I have some friends that are pretty reliant on the market and sweating it pretty hard, though.

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1669290' date='Oct 3 2008, 12:36 PM']Seriously -- what stock I had was worth about a dozen doughnuts in the first place. I have some friends that are pretty reliant on the market and sweating it pretty hard, though.[/quote]

I lost all my money with Enron, so yeah...

[quote name='jckinsman' post='1669281' date='Oct 3 2008, 02:16 PM']My husband calls this morning and says all the guys at work are pulling money out of the bank for the next four months! Something about "web-bot"??? They say it will be worse then 9/11! I told my husband to tell them fear is from satan himself! Has any one heard of any of this?..... and what it is about? I don't get a bunch of people running around freaking out,pulling there money out of the bank! Doesn't panic make "it" worse? Whatever "it" is?????? am I just behind the times? JC ............. by the way I need some answers before the 7th :rolleyes:[/quote]
Sounds like a bunch of nonsense.

[url="http://www.google.com/blogsearch?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&as_drrb=q&as_qdr=m&q=october+4&sa=N&start=50"]Here is a google blog search [/url]for the phrase "October 4" as mentioned in the last month. Not a thing, anywhere.

The only "web-bot"-like threat I know is the many [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botnet"]botnets[/url] out there, but I haven't seen any news of recent threatening activity.

Can you get more specifics? (I'm not at all concerned, just curious.)

[quote name='philothea' post='1669298' date='Oct 3 2008, 02:55 PM']Sounds like a bunch of nonsense.

[url="http://www.google.com/blogsearch?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&as_drrb=q&as_qdr=m&q=october+4&sa=N&start=50"]Here is a google blog search [/url]for the phrase "October 4" as mentioned in the last month. Not a thing, anywhere.

The only "web-bot"-like threat I know is the many [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botnet"]botnets[/url] out there, but I haven't seen any news of recent threatening activity.

Can you get more specifics? (I'm not at all concerned, just curious.)[/quote]
It was a prediction for October 7th 2008 on a site called web-bot which is a site that links all the "chatter" of all the other sites about future events up.

I think that curious is a good word for it! But it does lead you to the question as a Catholic,would the almighty EVER speak to us through things like this? I was always taught to stay away from all things like this,but given the state of the economy I think its possible for banks to take a "chill" moment for awhile. Someone slap me please when I get fearful!

[quote name='Church Punk' post='1669312' date='Oct 3 2008, 03:08 PM']WEB BOTS!!!!! Is that like Megatron? Darn it evil decepticons....

I hope Optimus Prime comes![/quote]
You make me smile!