An Old School Catholic Message Board

Obama Widens Lead In National Poll

Fidei Defensor

Saint Therese

God help us if O'bama gets elected.
Or rather, God help the poor unborn children.
I've been praying that God will help defeat him, since he espouses what is evil.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1671775' date='Oct 6 2008, 11:05 PM']Suffering from short memory lost? We've discussed this, Fox is one network of ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, and the AP, all of which claim to be unbiased, when clearly their not.[/quote]

Fox also claims to be "fair and balanced" when it obviously is not. Fox and Talk Radio ratings dwarf the "mainstream media", additionally, as I have mentioned, case study after case study show the bias tends to favor a centist bent and tend to be defined by "pack journalism" rather than ideological bias.

Numerous scientific studies confirm this and I would be happy to direct you towards the studies.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1671849' date='Oct 6 2008, 10:20 PM']God help us if O'bama gets elected.
Or rather, God help the poor unborn children.
I've been praying that God will help defeat him, since he espouses what is evil.[/quote]
And if Obama wins, does that mean God failed?

[quote name='Hassan' post='1671850' date='Oct 6 2008, 10:20 PM']Fox also claims to be "fair and balanced" when it obviously is not. Fox and Talk Radio ratings dwarf the "mainstream media", additionally, as I have mentioned, case study after case study show the bias tends to favor a centist bent and tend to be defined by "pack journalism" rather than ideological bias.

Numerous scientific studies confirm this and I would be happy to direct you towards the studies.[/quote]

[i]Scientific[/i] studies?

I don't know. I think McCain might turn back to how he was in 2000 and 2001. Now that would be weird if that did happen though. What would happen if he ran a certain platform, and once in office did a complete 180 into something else. Not just with certain issues, but with everything he was talking about.

What would the party do?

I'm still waiting for Nov 4 to see who wins. The polls were all wrong back in 2000 and 2004, and there's always the Bradley effect, which may or may not be a factor in this election.

If the election was being held tomorrow, and Obama had a 15 point lead I might concede, but really, I think the American people are rather tired of hearing how McCain is another Bush. That didn't work back when Bush was actually running again in 2004, and I really don't think it's going to work when he's not even on the ticket. Of course people like kenrockthefirst aren't going to get why that is but they are a minority, however vocal they may be.

Kirisutodo333

[quote name='Hassan' post='1671850' date='Oct 7 2008, 01:20 AM']Fox also claims to be "fair and balanced" when it obviously is not. Fox and Talk Radio ratings dwarf the "mainstream media", additionally, as I have mentioned, case study after case study show the bias tends to favor a centist bent and tend to be defined by "pack journalism" rather than ideological bias.

Numerous scientific studies confirm this and I would be happy to direct you towards the studies.[/quote]

Look, when the MSM starts being unbiased then maybe you can start talking stuff about Fox News, but since that is not the case, then your argument is weak. Okay, let's say Fox is right-wing...so that's 1% of the MSM news networks that is right wing. Wow! Such a threat! Oh no Fox news how dare you be different than 99% of the liberal media.

Kirisutodo333

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='1671834' date='Oct 7 2008, 01:03 AM']According to the msm, it's shockingly true.

And I see things in the news about Europe being enamored of Obama. It's true and they really do love him, eh?[/quote]

This picture is worth a thousand words.

[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3039/2921748140_86d77559f8.jpg[/img]

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='Justin86' post='1671945' date='Oct 7 2008, 06:57 AM']I'm still waiting for Nov 4 to see who wins. The polls were all wrong back in 2000 and 2004, and there's always the Bradley effect, which may or may not be a factor in this election.

If the election was being held tomorrow, and Obama had a 15 point lead I might concede, but really, I think the American people are rather tired of hearing how McCain is another Bush. That didn't work back when Bush was actually running again in 2004, and I really don't think it's going to work when he's not even on the ticket. Of course people like kenrockthefirst aren't going to get why that is but they are a minority, however vocal they may be.[/quote]
Wow, I got called out by name! I guess I should be flattered. :saint:

However vocal I am, however much in the minority I may be, doesn't change that fact that McCain is a terrible, terrible candidate.

[quote name='kenrockthefirst' post='1671964' date='Oct 7 2008, 09:42 PM']Wow, I got called out by name! I guess I should be flattered. :saint:

However vocal I am, however much in the minority I may be, doesn't change that fact that McCain is a terrible, terrible candidate.[/quote]
You're one of the few closet-Obama supporters around here. Definitely the most vocal anyway. ;) Even if you aren't actually going to pull the lever for him, it's obvious from your posts that you would rather have him than McCain.

Edited by Justin86

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1671753' date='Oct 6 2008, 10:38 PM']You brought up another interesting point -- Obama's been the media's darling from the get go. Being that I live in Europe, I hear magical tales of travelers returning from the New World about this Man with the Seal. I heard he's the Chosen One. He walks on water and parts the sea, and he'll fix everything. Is this true?

:bigshock:[/quote]

NO! Ashy RUN!!!!!

(I really enjoy hearing your perspective and how Obamania is reported in Europe. ;) )

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1671753' date='Oct 7 2008, 11:38 AM']You brought up another interesting point -- Obama's been the media's darling from the get go. Being that I live in Europe, I hear magical tales of travelers returning from the New World about this Man with the Seal...[/quote]
John McCain clubs baby seals for fun. That's why you should vote Obama.

Ash Wednesday

A must see for everyone.

[url="http://www.jibjab.com/originals/time_for_some_campaignin"]http://www.jibjab.com/originals/time_for_some_campaignin[/url]

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1672019' date='Oct 7 2008, 10:38 AM']A must see for everyone.

[url="http://www.jibjab.com/originals/time_for_some_campaignin"]http://www.jibjab.com/originals/time_for_some_campaignin[/url][/quote]
Funny stuff, eh? :lol:

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1672019' date='Oct 7 2008, 11:38 PM']A must see for everyone.

[url="http://www.jibjab.com/originals/time_for_some_campaignin"]http://www.jibjab.com/originals/time_for_some_campaignin[/url][/quote]
I find it unbelievably accurate. The best satire always makes both sides laugh. Forget liberal SNL, these guys are gold!

Edited by Justin86