An Old School Catholic Message Board

Guess I'm Not Going To Mass

Lil Red

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1675649' date='Oct 12 2008, 04:04 PM']+J.M.J.+
yes, lots of it. gonna head your way, methinks. :unsure:[/quote]

:shock: Wow! Well, stay safe, and I'll say some prayers for you. If it's any consolation, it'll mean that much more once you finally [i]do[/i] get to go. :) Hang in there!

Ash Wednesday

[quote name='jmjtina' post='1675691' date='Oct 12 2008, 04:50 PM']breaking the rules could put her life in danger and possibly her family.

This would qualify as an instance where this is out of her control.[/quote]

And as if the priest was going to hold mass... no way José! They probably canceled it.

There is also the issue that only equipped emergency vehicles such as ambulance, police, and fire trucks would traveling as well, and one would not want to be a potential hindrance or danger to them either.

Prayers for sunnier skies, Red!

Edited by Ash Wednesday

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1675692' date='Oct 12 2008, 04:51 PM']There were large periods of time in my life where I was not physically capable of attending mass. I would watch it on TV, listen to it on the short wave, and have a Eucharistic Minister come to visit. When Hurricane Charlie was expected to make a direct hit, the bishop ordered us to stay at home. They are allowed to do that you know. It wasn't about being afraid of the weather, it was about the civil authorities having the right to close the roads to civilian traffic, and about not endangering ourselves and others.[/quote]

Ditto that for Francis, Ivan, Jeanne, etc. As a rule of thumb when our weather has a first name, most of our bishops don't want us on the roads risk not only our own lives but also the lives of rescue workers. The bishops tell us to obey civil authorities.

JMJ

Silly montana.

does that mean we're going to get a storm?!? noooo....

I'll pray; there's always [url="http://www.savior.org"]Savior.org[/url]!

[quote name='jmjtina' post='1675691' date='Oct 12 2008, 04:50 PM']breaking the rules could put her life in danger and possibly her family.

This would qualify as an instance where this is out of her control.[/quote]

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1675692' date='Oct 12 2008, 04:51 PM']There were large periods of time in my life where I was not physically capable of attending mass. I would watch it on TV, listen to it on the short wave, and have a Eucharistic Minister come to visit. When Hurricane Charlie was expected to make a direct hit, the bishop ordered us to stay at home. They are allowed to do that you know. It wasn't about being afraid of the weather, it was about the civil authorities having the right to close the roads to civilian traffic, and about not endangering ourselves and others.[/quote]

apparently my sense of humor is off. i was trying to be funny. i know it is excusable. i was thinking of what to say when/if one was stopped while out in the middle of a blizzard. the officer asks if she has an "absolutely necessary" reason to be out in the weather and she replies, "but officer, Sunday mass IS absolutely necessary." maybe I just have a weird sense of humor.

[quote name='SpareTime' post='1676172' date='Oct 13 2008, 11:36 AM']apparently my sense of humor is off. i was trying to be funny. i know it is excusable. i was thinking of what to say when/if one was stopped while out in the middle of a blizzard. the officer asks if she has an "absolutely necessary" reason to be out in the weather and she replies, "but officer, Sunday mass IS absolutely necessary." maybe I just have a weird sense of humor.[/quote]

No worries, most of my jokes fall flat electronically too.

[quote name='SpareTime' post='1676172' date='Oct 13 2008, 10:36 AM']apparently my sense of humor is off. i was trying to be funny. i know it is excusable. i was thinking of what to say when/if one was stopped while out in the middle of a blizzard. the officer asks if she has an "absolutely necessary" reason to be out in the weather and she replies, "but officer, Sunday mass IS absolutely necessary." maybe I just have a weird sense of humor.[/quote]

:lol_roll:

I apologize.

It is funny.......in that context........ :lol_roll:

and that is the power of the [i]right [/i]smilie...... :smokey:

Edited by jmjtina