An Old School Catholic Message Board

"it's Bush's Fault" How Much Longer...

KnightofChrist

KnightofChrist

If Obama wins how much longer will we have to hear about everything being Bush's fault? Will it end if Obama wins or will in continue, and continue? And will the MSM, and American people continue to buy the line?

it will probably be all bush's fault. he seems like the one to pick on. the liberal media won't dare to make their top choice sound like a bad guy.

If we become an Obama-nation for 4 years, then all 4 years. If 8, then all 8 years. And when Iraq turns out to be a success, he will claim it was his plan, time table and all, that brought us victory. Ugh.

Ash Wednesday

If it's an Obama administration and things go badly, you bet the left will say it's an aftereffect from Bush's policies. There's no doubt in my mind that it will continue for a while. I have yet to see any political party own up and take the blame for anything.

I've had arguments about this, but I predict that the economy will be in a bad state over the next four years regardless who is president, and an Obama presidency will likely only aggravate the problems. Bush will be blamed initially, and Obama will be hailed as a savior by the media. However, I predict that after around six months or so of an Obama presidency and a Dem Congress with a worsening economy, the glow will wear off, and people will see Obama as worthless at best.
While the core "true believers" may continue to worship their idol, most Americans will very quickly sour on Obama, and a solid minority, myself included, already despise him to begin with. Within a year, people will be sick of even hearing about Bush, and instead ask why Obama and the Dems can't fix anything.
There will be a backlash.
That's the silver lining. But the damage Obama would do, particularly with regards to the courts and life issues will take generations to undo.

(But then again, maybe I'm just an optimist.)

Edited by Socrates

[quote name='Socrates' post='1683012' date='Oct 21 2008, 09:19 PM']That's the silver lining. But the damage Obama would do, particularly with regards to the courts and life issues will take generations to undo.

(But then again, maybe I'm just an optimist.)[/quote]

I really really agree with this. His choices in justices is so important. Maybe we can pray for those swing votes to hang in there a while longer...

BTW I love the avatar. I've been meaning to tell you for some time. In fact I was playing the theme song from that movie on guitar for about a week straight earlier this month.

[quote name='Socrates' post='1683012' date='Oct 21 2008, 09:19 PM']and a solid minority, myself included, already despise him to begin[/quote]

woulda never guessed that :rolleyes:

[quote name='rkwright' post='1683020' date='Oct 21 2008, 10:28 PM']I really really agree with this. His choices in justices is so important. Maybe we can pray for those swing votes to hang in there a while longer...

BTW I love the avatar. I've been meaning to tell you for some time. In fact I was playing the theme song from that movie on guitar for about a week straight earlier this month.[/quote]
The Clint Eastwood "Man with No Name" avatar was one of my "classics" which I had for a long time. (I'll probably bring it back eventually.)

(Don't remember if you were around when I had that)

When someone who is truly incompetent is placed in a position of authority, it doesn't usually take very long for people to figure it out. I think it will take less than 18 months before he starts stuttering during press conference questions because he is clueless without his puppeteer's help. A good speech writer can help you win an election, but can't help you with impromptu questions when stuff starts hitting the fan.

[quote name='Socrates' post='1683070' date='Oct 21 2008, 10:07 PM']The Clint Eastwood "Man with No Name" avatar was one of my "classics" which I had for a long time. (I'll probably bring it back eventually.)

(Don't remember if you were around when I had that)[/quote]

I've only seen bits and pieces of A fist full... I think I remembered when you had that one though... that was the good old days of debating gun rights... I have to honestly admit that I was wrong in that one, about the old cases. When that decision in the miller case came out, I was like... uh oh wheres socrates and knight on this, but I read the opinion and have to say I've been swayed.

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1683101' date='Oct 21 2008, 11:43 PM']When someone who is truly incompetent is placed in a position of authority, it doesn't usually take very long for people to figure it out. I think it will take less than 18 months before he starts stuttering during press conference questions because he is clueless without his puppeteer's help. A good speech writer can help you win an election, but can't help you with impromptu questions when stuff starts hitting the fan.[/quote]

The media will softball him questions like they have done during the campaign. Why would they start asking hard ones once he's (if) elected? They like him. He is the messiah and Palin is the mean and evil Pontius Pilate and McCain is Herod! Doesn't everyone understand that!*

When he runs for re-election (assuming he has not been assassinated), the excuse for any negative state of affairs such as the economy will be brushed to Bush. It will not be an as convincing argument as it once was.

*sarcasm.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' post='1683117' date='Oct 21 2008, 10:05 PM']The media will softball him questions like they have done during the campaign. Why would they start asking hard ones once he's (if) elected? They like him. He is the messiah and Palin is the mean and evil Pontius Pilate and McCain is Herod! Doesn't everyone understand that!*

When he runs for re-election (assuming he has not been assassinated), the excuse for any negative state of affairs such as the economy will be brushed to Bush. It will not be an as convincing argument as it once was.

*sarcasm.[/quote]
Good ol' America, where we assassinate the people whom we assume no one will like.

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' post='1683117' date='Oct 22 2008, 12:05 AM']When he runs for re-election (assuming he has not been assassinated), the excuse for any negative state of affairs such as the economy will be brushed to Bush. It will not be an as convincing argument as it once was.[/quote]

Just think how many innocent lives would be save if he was assassinated [i]before[/i] the election...

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1682971' date='Oct 21 2008, 08:10 PM']If Obama wins how much longer will we have to hear about everything being Bush's fault? Will it end if Obama wins or will in continue, and continue? And will the MSM, and American people continue to buy the line?[/quote]
I guess for as long as it was "Clinton's fault." Cons are trotting out the "Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac mess was Clinton's fault" line, you might be aware.

It will take a while to clean up the various messes Bush has made. I don't envy whoever it is who next gets to the White House.