Sign in to follow this  
Christie_M

Donating Hair

KnewInTheTrinity
I didn't take the time to see if anyone else has mentioned this...

But my cousin and I have both cut off our hair and donated it to an organization to use it for wigs for chemo patients... However, I suggest that you do not use Locks of Love... I read a recent "expose'" of sorts, and Locks only uses 10% of the hair donated to them- throwing away 90% of hair that girls have chopped off (this is a huge sacrifice... well, it was for me, at least). I sent mine to Pantene. Google it if you'd like!

Thank you for your selflessness! What a wonderful person you are to do this.

Christie_M
[quote name='KnewInTheTrinity' post='1687086' date='Oct 26 2008, 09:56 PM']I didn't take the time to see if anyone else has mentioned this...

But my cousin and I have both cut off our hair and donated it to an organization to use it for wigs for chemo patients... However, I suggest that you do not use Locks of Love... I read a recent "expose'" of sorts, and Locks only uses 10% of the hair donated to them- throwing away 90% of hair that girls have chopped off (this is a huge sacrifice... well, it was for me, at least). I sent mine to Pantene. Google it if you'd like!

Thank you for your selflessness! What a wonderful person you are to do this.[/quote]

That's what I heard too. This was a huge sacrefice for me too since my hair doesn't grow fast AT ALL. I'll look into Pantene from now on. Thanks!

Deus te Amat
I cut mine off two years ago and donated to Pantene.

It's about the length now as it was when I cut it. I think I'm going to let it grow out though, and see how long it will get. I have really thick hair, and so it's going to be luxurious. :mellow:

I don't really know though. It gives me a headache. :unsure:

Archaeology cat
[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1688444' date='Oct 29 2008, 05:57 AM']I don't really know though. It gives me a headache. :unsure:[/quote]
That's my problem. I have really thick, coarse hair (used to be curly, but now just wavy), and it gives me a headache if it gets too long.