An Old School Catholic Message Board

Police Prepare Around Country

BG45

I'm not really worried about rioting in the area I'm from in the States either. I'm trying to think of where they would even riot in the first place. The McDonalds? Eh, the highschool kids riot there every Friday and Saturday night anyway. Then again we also have a Food Lion, there's always Food Lion.

[quote name='Norseman82' post='1684986' date='Oct 24 2008, 09:31 AM']Increase the security around the suburban ice arenas - you know how those hockey moms can be!

Seriously, I live not too far from the west side of Chicago, so yeah, I'm worried. I've heard worries that if Obama wins, there will be rioting to celebrate it.[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
or if he loses, rioting because our country is 'racist'. :rolleyes:

Fun, necroing because of a new article. [url="http://www.observer.com/2008/politics/erica-jong-tells-italians-obama-loss-will-spark-second-american-civil-war-blood-will-r"]Italian author warns that an Obama loss will spark a second Civil war[/url].

Actually, many people in my circle are afraid of an Obama win because we fear that idiots like the neo Nazis who wanted to enter a school and start killing people, will begin to happen more frequently.

My parents even told me that if Obama wins, not to eat out. This is what is going on in our circles.

Of all the things that might happen if Obama loses I don't think a Civil War would be one of them. I mean, if there isn't a better way to ensure a black man never gets to run for the White House again...

I do think there will be riots no matter who wins this election. Especially around college campus'. Still, I doubt it'll be any different than what happens after basketball games. They'll probably call in the authorities but I really don't think that even the National Guard will be called in over them this time.

Edited by Justin86

During the last hockey playoff run here, crazy people were setting fires, and hanging from the stop light lines. I'm not sure if they were celebrating winning, or being angry at losing. Either way, it made for some interesting viewing since we only live a couple of blocks from the hockey arena.

I guess what worries me the most is that people are so divided and polarized by politics. I guess working together for the common good went the way of bee hive hairdos.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1690721' date='Nov 2 2008, 01:49 AM']During the last hockey playoff run here, crazy people were setting fires, and hanging from the stop light lines. I'm not sure if they were celebrating winning, or being angry at losing. Either way, it made for some interesting viewing since we only live a couple of blocks from the hockey arena.

I guess what worries me the most is that people are so divided and polarized by politics. I guess working together for the common good went the way of bee hive hairdos.[/quote]
Except it's really not about politics these days with college kids, it's about finding an excuse to riot.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1684131' date='Oct 23 2008, 01:27 AM']I think violence and destruction would be a bad thing, as would further division of the country.[/quote]
That is because you get freak-o-s' that believe this; [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=381gFG4Crr8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=381gFG4Crr8[/url] Obama is the one perpetuating this fear that if he doesn't get in the worlds gonna end! ..........funny thing is.......never mind :smokey:

Hey, I just want to know what's going to happen when he let's Bush's tax cuts expire in 2010, Hummmmmmmmmm????????? Sounds like a mystery to me! Maybe he just doesn't know that's going to happen,Hummmmmmm???? I wonder if he'll renew it so that this women can put gas in her car and pay her mortgage?????? Please fear is of Satan,so don't vote for one of his puppets!

[quote name='Justin86' post='1690724' date='Nov 1 2008, 11:50 AM']Except it's really not about politics these days with college kids, it's about finding an excuse to riot.[/quote]

That's the way it was with the hockey riots a couple of years ago. There were more people rioting down on Whyte Ave. than there were people at the game. People who had never even watched a hockey game were down there rioting just because it was something fun to do.

i'm pretty sure pretty much every McCain supporter has been preparing themselves for a loss for weeks now, even if they hold on to some shred of hope... I think a lot of them are starting to think and hope that this current closing of the gap (which is natural to happen this close to the election) might give him a shot, but I don't know of anyone who's really expecting it, and for that reason it'll be unlikely to find a large number of them blaming others for the loss... I think most people will blame the McCain campaign itself for all its stumbling through the election... obviously as always blame falls on the liberal media, but that's to be expected.

on the other hand, many Obama supporters actively expect an Obama victory and if he loses will likely automatically consider it stolen... not all or most, but many.

the fact of the first female vice president has nothing to do with potential riots. Obama win or Obama lose, it's going to be the Obama factor that causes riots (for or against him)... this election has become a referendum on Obama