An Old School Catholic Message Board

Police Prepare Around Country

BG45

Saint Therese

Actually, if McCain loses my comments will be more like "Lord, grant me the grace to become a martyr if that is what you are asking of me."

[quote name='kujo' post='1684748' date='Oct 23 2008, 11:44 PM']This is a load of cr@p if you ask me. People lose elections, um, EVERY SINGLE TIME! Every single American presidential election has resulted in a loser. Every one of them. And each loser had about 45-49% of the country alongside of them in the loser category. Why is [i]this[/i] election so d@mn special that we need to beware of riots?[/quote]

If Obama just looses I don't think so. If Obama lost and it appeared the election was "stolen" I think it would be a major problem.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1684792' date='Oct 24 2008, 01:23 AM']If Obama just looses I don't think so. If Obama lost and it appeared the election was "stolen" I think it would be a major problem.[/quote]

Dude, if someone "steals" the election, regardless of who it is, we should all riot.

Saint Therese

[quote name='kujo' post='1684785' date='Oct 24 2008, 12:18 AM']Ugh...Saint Therese, sometimes you are little too dramatic.[/quote]
Really? We shall see.

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1684796' date='Oct 24 2008, 12:27 AM']Really? We shall see.[/quote]

Sure, in 4 to 8 years you will feel a bit silly. KInd of like the liberals who claimed Bush would enact some theocratic totalitarian state

[quote name='kujo' post='1684748' date='Oct 23 2008, 11:44 PM']This is a load of cr@p if you ask me. People lose elections, um, EVERY SINGLE TIME! Every single American presidential election has resulted in a loser. Every one of them. And each loser had about 45-49% of the country alongside of them in the loser category. Why is [i]this[/i] election so d@mn special that we need to beware of riots?[/quote]
Ya, because this is not about race at all is it??????? Black people just really like Obama so much so they are going to take to the streets in a fit of rage if he doesn't win. Is this meant to intimidate people??? This is so nuts! If you don't vote for Obama you are a racist and they are going to take to the streets and riot! ??? Where is Alan Keyes when you need him???? I think that this would anger MOST black americans, classifiying them as this immature. This article may be referring to actions taken by a small population of radical people,but to say the black population is going to need the military on the streets is insulting to blacks. Maybe we radical prolife-ers should take to the streets in fits of rage if Obamas elected. :annoyed: don't worry though OB supporters,Acorn got this wrapped up for you! :deal:

Edited by jckinsman

[quote name='Hassan' post='1684582' date='Oct 23 2008, 09:12 PM']Yep, also there is the issue of race relations. Can you imigain the impact on the black community?[/quote]
Don't worry,you don't have to imagine it because it's not about race,black people are just really passionate about Obamas issues okay? The color of one's skin doesn't matter...... they only poll the black communities every day because it just comes up randomly in the data! Are you insinuating something other then this? <_< What impact are we talking about here?

[quote name='kujo' post='1684793' date='Oct 24 2008, 12:24 AM']Dude, if someone "steals" the election, regardless of who it is, we should all riot.[/quote]
Let's throw everyone out and start over! .Of course being human we would probally end up back here in no time! :wacko:

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1684796' date='Oct 24 2008, 12:27 AM']Really? We shall see.[/quote]
Don't let the people standing on the outside of the ark intimidate you Noah! I catch your drift! ....by the way that is secret code.....It's the latest craze now "code words" and "code phrases"

[quote name='Hassan' post='1684120' date='Oct 23 2008, 02:17 PM']God help us if Obama looses and his more emotional supporters think he was robbed of the election[/quote]
Eh, the country got through the Rodney King riots just fine. Personally, I think that if blacks all want big screen TVs in exchange for a McCain presidency I'm fine with that.[mod]the preceding was an unnecessary racial comment meant to provoke-777 [/mod]

Oops, that was probably racist. :rolleyes:[mod]see? -777[/mod]

Edited by Seven77

I don't think that there will be any more unrest than usual.

The real danger is how passionate both sides are. While I don't think riots are going to happen, I do think that the partisanship that Obama decries will only intensify.

Increase the security around the suburban ice arenas - you know how those hockey moms can be!

Seriously, I live not too far from the west side of Chicago, so yeah, I'm worried. I've heard worries that if Obama wins, there will be rioting to celebrate it.

dominicansoul

I don't think there will be an unusual display of rioting in the streets if Obama wins or loses...rioting will probably happen, but it won't be any worse than when the Red Wings won the championship....

[quote name='Norseman82' post='1684986' date='Oct 24 2008, 09:31 AM']Increase the security around the suburban ice arenas - you know how those hockey moms can be!

Seriously, I live not too far from the west side of Chicago, so yeah, I'm worried. I've heard worries that if Obama wins, there will be rioting to celebrate it.[/quote]

I'm so glad I live in a subruban area, and have ready access to a rural living arrangement. I don't expect things to get very ugly anywhere, least off all in my locale, but am also glad to be prepared.