An Old School Catholic Message Board

Chewing Gum Is From The Devil

Groo the Wanderer

nom! nom! nom!  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Groo the Wanderer

<rant>

GAH!

Everywhere I look these days I see teens and even adults blithely going through the day, constantly chewing a wad of rubbery goo. It would not be so bad I suppose except:

1. they chew constantly
2. they chew with their mouths open and I hate hearing the sounds of other people's body fluids
3. they pop it
4. they smack it
5. they throw it on the ground to leave those nasty black circles all over parking lots and sidewalks
6. they chew it in church !?!???!!!!!! <---grr
7. they leave it under the pews ??!??!?!?! <-- more grrr

If I had one wish it would be for Christ to return in three minutes. If I had a second, it would be for all gum to vanish forever.

</rant>

dominicansoul

I only think of gum being from hell when I bite my tongue or my lip or the side of my cheek while chewing it....

...talk about PAIN! OUCH!

IcePrincessKRS

I don't normally chew gum regularly. Except when I was pregnant, then I got the strongest, mintiest gum I could find. Helps soothe the nausea when out running errands. It never works for long, though. lol

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1688616' date='Oct 29 2008, 08:05 AM']I don't normally chew gum regularly. Except when I was pregnant, then I got the strongest, mintiest gum I could find. Helps soothe the nausea when out running errands. It never works for long, though. lol[/quote]

I'm gonna tell my girlfriend that little trick. She'll love to hear it =)

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZGkkyXUcAk&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZGkkyXUcAk...feature=related[/url]

FABULOUS!

I don't really chew gum. the only time i really do is when i'm driving. and i tend to chew it reallly hard.
ya wanna know why? it keeps me from swearing at the stupid people who can't drive and constatnly cut me off. <_<

Edited by Christie_M

When I was twelve I decided gum chewing was a nasty habit and stopped. Only do now if there's some reason to...

:idontknow:

Serious irkedness at peeps who throw it onto streets and sidewalks, though. <_<