An Old School Catholic Message Board

Saints, Etc.

littleflower+JMJ

My favorite was St. Maria Goretti. A 22 year old boy tried to rape her when she was 11 years old. She fought really hard while yelling "God does not want this, it is a sin, you will go to Hell!" He ended up stabbing her 14 times. While she was in the hospital she forgave the boy. Later, she reappeared to him in a dream and game him 14 flowers, one for each wound. I don't think that I could have done that when I was 11.

littleflower+JMJ

My favorite was St. Maria Goretti. A 22 year old boy tried to rape her when she was 11 years old. She fought really hard while yelling "God does not want this, it is a sin, you will go to Hell!" He ended up stabbing her 14 times. While she was in the hospital she forgave the boy. Later, she reappeared to him in a dream and game him 14 flowers, one for each wound. I don't think that I could have done that when I was 11.

a great pick!!!! i love her!! :wub:

st. philomena is sooo amesome!!!! :wub:

catholicteen

Grab some [insert fav snack food here] , this might take a while....

St. Teresa of Avila is my Confirmation saint. She is a Doctor of the Church and the patron of headache sufferers and writers. So cool. Her books rock... they really apply to today.

St. Marguerite D'Youville (pronounced doo-vill) is totally cool too. She founded the Grey Nuns of the Sacred Heart. Two Grey Nuns founded my elementary school and I still keep in touch with them, so I really love Marguerite. I also got to play Marguerite in a school pageant and really identified with her.

St. Maximillian Kolbe- wow. He's so amazing. He hears from me every time I really need some courage.

St. Michael the Archangel- we've gotten to be pretty tight since a good priest friend of mine (whose name also happens to be Michael) became a chaplain in the Army. When Fr. Mike was over in Iraq, I know St. Mike was watching over him for me.

St. Therese- love her too. Every time I need patience, I talk to her.

St. Pius X- I don't think it's a coincidence that the parish I've belonged to all my life and now my high school both bear his name. I know he's watching over me.

St. Augustine- His Confessions blows my mind every time. Such a cool saint. His mom rocks too.

St. Padre Pio- wow, what faith. A big model for me.

There's many more that I love. I could go on for hours. But I won't.... I'm sure a lot of your [fav snack food] is gone by now. :P

i also like St. Maria Goretti, she's my patron saint, and i don't think i coulda done that when i was 11, nor could i do it now.

stargirl3:16

how about st. dominic savio?

he was a student under st. john bosco and died at the age of 15.

he is the patron saint of choir boys and of the falsely accused.

info from catholic.org

littleflower+JMJ

how about st. dominic savio?

he was a student under st. john bosco and died at the age of 15.

he is the patron saint of choir boys and of the falsely accused.

info from catholic.org

st. dominic is a great one also!

"Death Before Sin"

he's amesome!!! :wub:

i shared with my CCD class some bios of the martyrs and their favorite was Fr. Max Kolbe.

wow. martyrs were sooo brave.. :wub: :wub: :wub: