An Old School Catholic Message Board

Deborah (his Grace Alone) Has Entered

Lilllabettt

I love their website. I have written to them, and they have not written back to me. Has anybody else written to them? I am still looking at Carmels but I really like St. Francis de Sales and I really like the "gentle" spirit of the Visitations, at least from what I have read.

Oh....I wish I weren't so confused!

Katherine

P.S. I didn't tell them I am looking at other communities when I wrote.

Saint Therese

[quote name='Luigi' post='1728030' date='Dec 15 2008, 12:02 AM']So religious life is as much about fashion as life in the world?[/quote]
Um, lighten up dude. :lol: There's nothing wrong with enjoying the beauty of the religious habit.
One thing I discovered in my aspirancy is that Jesus doesn't expect you to give up your authentic humanity when you enter religious life.

Edited by Saint Therese

the lords sheep

[quote name='DevotedtoHim' post='1730491' date='Dec 17 2008, 09:12 PM']I love their website. I have written to them, and they have not written back to me. Has anybody else written to them? I am still looking at Carmels but I really like St. Francis de Sales and I really like the "gentle" spirit of the Visitations, at least from what I have read.

Oh....I wish I weren't so confused!

Katherine

P.S. I didn't tell them I am looking at other communities when I wrote.[/quote]

Keep in mind that many monasteries don't answer mail during advent, so if it didn't get done before Advent, it may just be waiting until January.
I also don't know that there's anything wrong with the fact that you are looking at other communities. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised that they assumed that was the case unless you stated otherwise....
God bless!

In Christ,
Lauren

• 2 weeks later...

how wonderful! the first thing that comes to mind is, where do people find these places i've never heard of before and how did they end up there? so many communities and circumstances that lead us to them.. add to that the diocesan priesthood for us guys!

[quote name='Luigi' post='1728030' date='Dec 14 2008, 10:02 PM']So religious life is as much about fashion as life in the world?[/quote]

when St. Padre Pio was young, he wanted to be a Capuchin Franciscan because of the big hood. i want to wear a habit so, if only for a few seconds a day by myself, or with a sparring partner, i can pretend to be a Jedi Knight and make Star Wars "whooshing" noises with an imaginary light saber. then reach for my big Rosary and fight for real..