An Old School Catholic Message Board

*dies*

HolyPhoenix

[quote name='Hilde' post='1749004' date='Jan 11 2009, 06:47 PM']My dad always tells me how he has no problem with his Mac whenever I have problems with my PC.[/quote]

That's because Macs are useless. If you don't use something, you can't identify the problems.

not useless. I have to very much dissagree. They are actually very handy and you can do anything on them. And more when it comes to it, they can do more than vista.

Edited by HolyPhoenix

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1749296' date='Jan 12 2009, 12:47 AM']That's because Macs are useless. If you don't use something, you can't identify the problems.[/quote]

I disagree wholeheartedly. I got a mac in june and i have had absolutely no problems with anything. neither have either of my friends who bought macs very soon after i did. I know that one of my friends uses his mac constantly and i use mine as much or more than the does.

my friends who bought other kinds of computers, however, have had major problems with their computers already. One person's computer is already beyond repair. She hasn't really done much with her computer other than normal homework and stuff. granted, she didn't get the highest-end computer that was on the market, but it wasn't cheap.

icelandic_iceskater

I went from windows to a OS X 10.2.8 and back to windows.

given the choice between the three, I'd take the mac.

Note that if your mac messes up you have to go to a mac store to get it fixed and if your PC messes up you can take it to any store that sells electronics even walmart can fix it.

and PCs rock all the way now with the new windows coming it has such an awesome name "7"

and i no computers i study them in school.
PC and mac mess up equally just PC's are easier to fix

[quote name='HolyPhoenix' post='1750251' date='Jan 13 2009, 12:02 PM']:mellow:

Are you sure you study computers in school.[/quote]

He certainly doesn't study grammar...

no grammar but yes to computers sadly many people have been seduced by mac and have been lead astray from true computer salvation within the modern PC

[quote name='FPCthegreat' post='1750279' date='Jan 13 2009, 12:46 PM']no grammar but yes to computers sadly many people have been seduced by mac and have been lead astray from true computer salvation within the modern PC[/quote]

Sorry, that was mean.

I'm in a mood, though...

unless your in graphics a PC is the simplest and most user friendly plus you won't have to worry about leaning how to use a new O.S.

this is a fact its in every computer magazine except the apple ones if your use to apple stick with apple but PC is simple don't go and confuse your self with new OS plus can't play games on mac ^_^

that works as long as you don't get the mac thinking its the holy grail of computers you'll enjoy it.
it will error i don't care what anyone says macs get viruses just like PC's people are just to lazy to make a mac virus but now there starting since its becoming more popular. and they crash just as much you'll know when you get the spinning rainbow of death

i love the spinning rainbow of death it always happens right when someone explains how macs never crash and are greater then life itself. Murphy's Law

[quote name='FPCthegreat' post='1750321' date='Jan 13 2009, 02:45 PM']unless your in graphics a PC is the simplest and most user friendly plus you won't have to worry about leaning how to use a new O.S.

this is a fact its in every computer magazine except the apple ones if your use to apple stick with apple but PC is simple don't go and confuse your self with new OS plus can't play games on mac ^_^[/quote]

ROFL, only if your use to the pc. Otherwise it is the other way around. Macs are obviously faster first of all. Except for safari. But other than that they pretty much waste windows, especially vista.

As for someone who uses Windows Mac and linux (knowing how to use each one just as well as the other) I am going to tell you that I find Macs easier over all. Mainly because there are less steps to do things. As for power, they lack in actual power over the operating system. But they give that up to make it easy to navigate. Windows and linux are about even on ease of use, but Linux has more power when it comes to having power over the operating system, and a large part of that has to do with open source. Of course, mac is based off of darwin, so it has open source roots. *shrugs* Just my two cents. And I do use all operating systems.

I was pretty exited that Benedictines computer labs were all mac. It was quite funny considering that these are the computers used for the computer science majors. :lol_roll:

In the long run my operating system is linux though.