An Old School Catholic Message Board

Cath's Corner

CatherineM

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1765136' date='Jan 28 2009, 08:56 PM']What, everyone doesn't know this? :unsure:[/quote]

Not third graders apparently.

missionseeker

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1765116' date='Jan 28 2009, 10:48 PM']That has sold a bunch of copies. So have a lot of Martha Stewart books simply because the generation that came after women jumped into the work force, didn't learn stuff from watching their moms do it. My oldest was the only kid in his boot camp class who already knew how to polish shoes.[/quote]

Yeah... I had to show people how to do laundry at college. :wacko:
I've been doing that since I was like... little. :lol: (though.. I was confused by my mother's new washer, not gonna lie)

[quote name='missionseeker' post='1765161' date='Jan 28 2009, 09:09 PM']Yeah... I had to show people how to do laundry at college. :wacko:
I've been doing that since I was like... little. :lol: (though.. I was confused by my mother's new washer, not gonna lie)[/quote]

Is it one of those new ones that talks to you? They have fridges that even email you when they need service. I don't want my appliances talking to me, phoning me, or emailing me.

Saint Therese

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1765197' date='Jan 28 2009, 10:22 PM']Is it one of those new ones that talks to you? They have fridges that even email you when they need service. I don't want my appliances talking to me, phoning me, or emailing me.[/quote]

Iawtc. :wacko:

missionseeker

ew that is creepy.

No, it doesn't talk- it just has a lot of options.

BUT THE CLOTHES COME OUT SO CLEAN!!! (I miss the washer when I am at school)

It's a bosch and beautiful.

I've been doing my own laundry for a few years now.
I often end up with three weeks worth of clothing and nothing for the next day. :)
At least I know how. Someday I'll move out I guess. :P

Dryer lint has many uses. You can collect it to stuff pillows. You can put a hunk in the bottom of a cardboard egg carton, cover with melted used candle wax, and when it cools, it is a great fire starter. Cut the little egg cups individually, and you can put one under wet wood or charcoal, light the cardboard, and it will burn for several minutes until the fire is well started. Lint is very flammable. Good reason to keep your fiddler clean.

missionseeker

Keep the fiddler clean! :lol:

I didn't know that about the fires. that's cool.

What have you got for grease stains on khaki? (work in a kitchen)

Best thing for grease is Dawn. You can rub it on, and let it sit some, and throw in the laundry. Really bad stains, I scrub with a bar of lava soap. It will even take off dried in blood and grass stains.

You can also go to the local auto parts store and get some orange goo. I forget what it is called, but the guy there will know what you mean. It's what mechanics clean their hands with.

I'm a zee person. He's a zed person. We make it work anyway.

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1765106' date='Jan 28 2009, 09:43 PM']He was OSS in WWII. He had been a radio operator/side gunner in Air Corps. They were looking for radio operators who were really quick, and had a distinctive "hand." There's a way of recognizing someone's Morse Code kind of like an accent. That could be important when you couldn't send stuff in code, or to verify who was really sending the message. He made two jumps behind enemy lines. He'd already made two jumps before that, one from a plane with engine trouble over North Carolina, and once shot out of the sky over the Med. Where he went is still classified, and will be until 2044. He was captured during the second mission, tortured, then escaped. Don't know from where, but he lost most of his teeth.

He taught me some cool stuff like how to kill someone quickly in a way they won't make a sound. That resulted in my first conference (of many) with the principal and my parents.[/quote]

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/tina+turner/track/goldeneye"]Tina Turner - Goldeneye[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

:bigshock:

Wow. Sounds like you have a lot to be proud of. Sorry to hear about the torture. :sadder: Although sounds like he served for his country and never gave up. Glad to hear he was able to escape.

My Grandma's brother served in WWII and he volunteered for a risky flight mission somewhere in France I think and ran out of fuel and had to bail out of the airplane. Problem was there was not enough for his parachute to open and obviously didn't make it. My Grandma has buried two husbands and has gotten over both. However, if her brother is brought up...you can tell she still has not really gotten over it.

Thanks for sharing that. Would like to know how you kill someone quietly. :topsy:

Actually I'm joking. I have watched a bunch of shows from the original Star Trek series and you always see Spock or Kirk like disabling people in a second.

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/moby/track/extreme+ways"]Moby - Extreme Ways[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

Thinking about laundry, there are many uses for used dryer sheets. They are great for dusting TV's and other electronics like computer screens, and helps repel dust after dusting. They are great for cleaning the inside of your car windows and for shining up chrome. It will take soap scum off shower doors and faucets. They can help freshen up the bottom of trash cans, and in clothes drawers. That also goes for stored empty luggage. They can help you get pet hair off clothing and furniture. If you buy something musty like old books, you can put them in an air tight bag or plastic tote, and the sheet will drawn that musty smell out. Same for smoke smell. My mom always put one in her vacuum bags. It will make things in the house smell better as you vacuum. Finally it is great to get rid of static on skirts, hair, etc.