An Old School Catholic Message Board

Visitation Nuns In Va.

DiscerningSoul

DiscerningSoul

Oh where do I start?
These sisters are so nice and I have never felt so "at home" with a community.

Of course I had my " . " and was sick for the first three days there but after that it was just my heart ever expanding!

God willing I hope to enter sometime in Sept as a pre postulant! :clapping: :banana: :twist: :thumbsup: :bigpray: :bigpray:
I am also hoping to go down for another visit before entrance.

I have pictures and when I am able will share them with you.

God Bless you all for the prayers and support.

:saint:

DiscerningSoul

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1869944' date='May 18 2009, 12:16 AM']I'll be keeping you in my prayers.[/quote]
Thank you and my prayers with you too.

and when are you entering?

Marieteresa

Congrats my friend, you will be in my prayers. Please upload your pictures...they would be nice to see.

[quote name='DiscerningSoul' post='1870012' date='May 17 2009, 11:19 PM']Thank you and my prayers with you too.

and when are you entering?[/quote]

DiscerningSoul

Thanks for all the prayers!

BTW if there are any of you discerning and want to see what the life is like "behind" the grille.(although they have not grille but a short partition)

They offer discernment retreats where you live, work, learn about their life.
They also offer spiritual retreats still behind the grille but you don't work, goto lessons or community 'rec'. still a good way to see what the life is like but your kinda of on your own.

[quote name='DiscerningSoul' post='1871328' date='May 19 2009, 10:30 PM']Thanks for all the prayers!

BTW if there are any of you discerning and want to see what the life is like "behind" the grille.(although they have not grille but a short partition)

They offer discernment retreats where you live, work, learn about their life.
They also offer spiritual retreats still behind the grille but you don't work, go to lessons or community 'rec'. still a good way to see what the life is like but your kinda of on your own.[/quote]

I am so happy for you! They are a wonderful and known as the most joyful of the 1st federation monasteries. :)

So others will know, all Visitation Monasteries off retreats within the enclosure for women and each monastery allows diffierent access to community areas. although all will eat with the community and welcome to attend all the liturgies. A woman does not need to be discerning religious life to make a private retreat.

Some Visitations will allow a woman to come for a vocation retreat on a first visit - when a woman would follow the novitiate day - but some monasteries require either a first retreat as a private retreat or the first few days of a vocation retreat as a private retreat.

It is a very lovely part of their charism.

God's Blessings!

• 3 weeks later...
DiscerningSoul

Good News,
I am going for another visit June 27th thru July 4th.
any prayer requests? :saint:

VeniteAdoremus

My degree. And PP's!

Thanks :) I hope you have a wonderful visit - the Visitation nuns are gorgeous.

puellapaschalis

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1885625' date='Jun 7 2009, 10:23 PM']My degree. And PP's![/quote]

:yes: