An Old School Catholic Message Board

Can I Just Say...

TeresaBenedicta

TeresaBenedicta
:lol_roll:

Oh man.

:topsy:

I can't stop smiling!

Soooooooooo, I go to Mass this morning, grudgingly dragging myself out of bed to make the morning Mass at my parish (all the noon Masses are a good 20/30 minutes away). I'm sitting in the second to last pew with one of my friends who will be entering the Poor Clares in a few weeks. Aaaand Mass starts, and out of the corner of my eye I see the graceful flow of something white enter the pew behind me.

I recognized that habit immediately!!! A Dominican of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist!!!

I could scarcely contain my excitement as I grinned to my friend beside me.

And I got to talk with the Sister after Mass!!! And it was wonderful!!! And I am soooo full of joy right now!!!

She's making her final vows on August 4th!!!!

Apparentally she grew up going to the dominican parish about 1/2 hr from where I live, and she's out visiting her family, and one of her best friends goes to my parish!

Wonderful!! God is good!!!

I was just on their website last night!!! AND I dreamt about them.

Hmm...

:lol_roll:

Just thought I'd share my joy! :saint:

dominicansoul
:woot:
Was it Sr. Maximilian Marie, O.P.?
Sr. Maria Guadalupe, O.P.?
Sr. Mary Margaret, O.P.?
Sr. Maria Frassati, O.P.?
Sr. Amata Veritas, O.P.?

edited 'cos in my excitement I left one off! oops! Edited by dominicansoul

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1888499' date='Jun 11 2009, 02:37 PM']:woot:
Was it Sr. Maximilian Marie, O.P.?
Sr. Maria Guadalupe, O.P.?
Sr. Mary Margaret, O.P.?
Sr. Maria Frassati, O.P.?
Sr. Amata Veritas, O.P.?

edited 'cos in my excitement I left one off! oops![/quote]

Sr. Maximilian Marie!!! And she is wonderful!!!

I'm not exactly accustomed to seeing religious when I'm home, lol. Back at school it's not so uncommon of an experience... but definitely rare at home!

"Sr. Maria Frassati" - what a cool name? For Pier Giorgio, obviously.

I've never heard it as a religious name before.

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='DameAgnes' post='1888901' date='Jun 12 2009, 09:36 AM']"Sr. Maria Frassati" - what a cool name? For Pier Giorgio, obviously.

I've never heard it as a religious name before.[/quote]

:yes:

I was thinking the same.

"Pier" means "wurm" in my language, so I wasn't about to name myself Pier Giorgio, but "Frassati" is pretty cool... :)

AbsconditaInDeo

[quote name='DameAgnes' post='1888901' date='Jun 12 2009, 03:36 AM']"Sr. Maria Frassati" - what a cool name? For Pier Giorgio, obviously.

She has cool glasses

dominicansoul

[quote name='DameAgnes' post='1888901' date='Jun 12 2009, 01:36 AM']"Sr. Maria Frassati" - what a cool name? For Pier Giorgio, obviously.

She was quite thrilled when she received it. It is very unique. Not to mention, since she is named after Bl. Pier Giorgio, we used to make a lot of comments to her on how good-looking her patron is! :)

[quote name='AbsconditaInDeo' post='1890669' date='Jun 14 2009, 07:53 PM']She has cool glasses[/quote]

they are her trademark. I remember she tried on a different pair for a couple days. WE all objected. It just wasn't her!

VeniteAdoremus

*scratches head* Wasn't there a Sr. Maria Frassati at Nashville?

I read entirely too much Sister gossip.

Anyway. Bl. Pier Giorgio certainly is good-looking :) I used to tell my sister this and she said I was shallow. Probably because St. Benedict isn't half as good-looking.

puellapaschalis

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1891680' date='Jun 15 2009, 11:12 PM']Anyway. Bl. Pier Giorgio certainly is good-looking :) I used to tell my sister this and she said I was shallow. Probably because St. Benedict isn't half as good-looking.[/quote]

St. Benedict doesn't need to look good. He's too cool for that. His coolness (which includes seeing things at an otherwise impossible distance, beat that, St. Clare, and completely snazzy exorcism skillz) surpasses mere "good looks."

And you KNEW I wasn't going to let that pass, you little rascal!

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1891687' date='Jun 16 2009, 12:15 AM']St. Benedict doesn't need to look good. He's too cool for that. His coolness (which includes seeing things at an otherwise impossible distance, beat that, St. Clare, and completely snazzy exorcism skillz) surpasses mere "good looks."

And you KNEW I wasn't going to let that pass, you little rascal![/quote]

Just trying to keep your mind off things ;)

As someone who failed to recognise her two best friends at a 20 yard distance yesterday, I fail to see why spectacular (ha!) eyesight is so super-special. Although we are in agreement on the exorcism skills.

To get back on topic, does anyone have a picture of the good sister's glasses? :) My community seems to have a rule that they should be as [s]boring[/s] simple as possible.

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='she_who_is_not' post='1891719' date='Jun 16 2009, 12:30 AM']:cough: Thomas Aquinas :cough:[/quote]

We actually have a rather good-looking statue of St. Thomas Aquinas at our Cathedral (yes, PP, opposite St. Bernard OSB, I know), but that's because they used the then-current bishop as a model :)

dominicansoul

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1891680' date='Jun 15 2009, 04:12 PM']*scratches head* Wasn't there a Sr. Maria Frassati at Nashville?

I read entirely too much Sister gossip.

Anyway. Bl. Pier Giorgio certainly is good-looking :) I used to tell my sister this and she said I was shallow. Probably because St. Benedict isn't half as good-looking.[/quote]

IF there was a Sr. by that name in Nashville, I wouldn't have known. That community is too big for all the sisters to know each other personally...